Android-Powered Concept-SuperPhone from Mobiado & Aston Martin

ChelseaBlue

Reaction score
And you would never have one of those phones if it existed. It would be out of the price range of most people.

You really think so? I bet if you showed a picture of a Droid mobile to someone 10 years ago as a concept they would have said the same thing.

You mean like 5 years, right?

5,10 give or take, somewhere in the middle. I still remember my first cellphone I had in my sophomore year in high-school, '03. It had a colour screen and polyphonic ringtones. It was off the hook! Figuratively and literally lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is no different than what they do in the automotive world. Concept cars are abound yet they're never made... and if the concept does lead to a production vehicle... it's usually revamped so that it barely resembles what the concept vehicle looks like.

It's innovation and creativity... so what if they're just concepts... looking to what's next is what keeps innovation going. :)

jacobbond

Reaction score
This is no different than what they do in the automotive world. Concept cars are abound yet they're never made... and if the concept does lead to a production vehicle... it's usually revamped so that it barely resembles what the concept vehicle looks like.

It's innovation and creativity... so what if they're just concepts... looking to what's next is what keeps innovation going. :)

Agreed, I like the innovative thinking - pushing the envelope is what gets us things like the Snuggie :) Seriously though, it does help to push new ideas/concepts to the forefront that do make it to actual production models.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Agreed, I like the innovative thinking - pushing the envelope is what gets us things like the Snuggie :) Seriously though, it does help to push new ideas/concepts to the forefront that do make it to actual production models.

lol the Snuggie.... btw, it's off-topic but have you seen the "Forever Lazy"? if not look it up... absolutely hilarious and ridiculous.

Eric18

Reaction score
this looks alot like the phone in the corning video.... maybe that vidoe wasnt to far off what is on its way

djakrse

Reaction score
What the hell is the accelerometer going to do for your phone when you crash an Aston Martin? That thing is going to crumple like foil and if you're going a decent speed your phone will smash through your windshield anyway. Glad they are making use of that feature. I wonder if it'll make it so when they pry your dead body, the can see the car's last words were through your phone: "Oh SH#%!!!! Weesa gonna crash!"
What I think they mean is the car would receive information from the phone's sensors to warn of impending crash.

This, assuming your car can connect, understand,and know what to do with said information, is a great idea, but then why couldn't any car capable of this sort of symbiosis have accelerometers of its own?

jacobbond

Reaction score
lol the Snuggie.... btw, it's off-topic but have you seen the "Forever Lazy"? if not look it up... absolutely hilarious and ridiculous.

Bwahahaha the Forever Lazy is like the footie pajamas I wore as a kid. So lame for an adult to wear those.. Why don't we just start wearing diapers too then?

moosez3

Reaction score
What the hell is the accelerometer going to do for your phone when you crash an Aston Martin? That thing is going to crumple like foil and if you're going a decent speed your phone will smash through your windshield anyway. Glad they are making use of that feature. I wonder if it'll make it so when they pry your dead body, the can see the car's last words were through your phone: "Oh SH#%!!!! Weesa gonna crash!"
What I think they mean is the car would receive information from the phone's sensors to warn of impending crash.

This, assuming your car can connect, understand,and know what to do with said information, is a great idea, but then why couldn't any car capable of this sort of symbiosis have accelerometers of its own?

Mercedes has been implementing Accelerometers and Radar guided safety equipment for 10 years now, in the S, SL and CL-Class cars at least, and more specifically they have been using anti crashing sensors for at least 4 years now. (W221 S-Class)

And I trust Mercedes use of sensors more than a phone to save my life...

djakrse

Reaction score

Mercedes has been implementing Accelerometers and Radar guided safety equipment for 10 years now, in the S, SL and CL-Class cars at least, and more specifically they have been using anti crashing sensors for at least 4 years now. (W221 S-Class)

And I trust Mercedes use of sensors more than a phone to save my life...

Thank you. I knew somebody was doing it but didn't know if it was MB or Cadillac. :)

And quite right, I doubt using a phone is going to work well. By the time the data hit the car's processor, so has something bigger :D

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ford has Sync and GM has OnStar so it will be interesting to see what inroads Android can make there.

Honestly, other than a bluetooth connection for music and audio I'm not sure what you really need for Android in a car. Although I could see those backseat LCD monitors for kids having some pluses if you can run netflix and some other games.