Android Podcasting

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by andryan, Sep 9, 2010.

1. andryan

andryan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering what the best android podcasting solution is. I have been using Google listen and it leaves much to be desired. (No widget, clunky UI, and doesnt refresh/update nicely)

I tried using Doubletwist and downloading my podcast through itunes, but doubletwist does not offer mac podcasting subscribing at the moment. I was able to get them on there via a smart playlist, but this is all too much! I want something easy that refreshes my subscriptions and that is not a huge hassle. I would also like access to the itunes podcasts.

Does anyone know of a good way to go about this. I saw Doggcatcher in the market but it was kinda pricey and no free version to test it. I dont want to pay 6.99 for another Google Listen app.

Thanks guys!

2. Jedijesus95

Jedijesus95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Doggcatcher and I love it. I tried MediaFly and Listen but they drove me nuts. You could always try and it return it with in 24 hours.

3. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I started out using Google Listen and liked it at first, but it was very buggy as I used it more and it didn't do everything that I wished that it did. I tried out a few other ones like PodKast, but I ended up settling with Doggcatcher.

I haven't regretted it, yeah it was $6.99 but it really is a full featured app. Does video podcasts, has a widget, and has tons of customization and options. It does everything I have ever needed really. You can always download it and try it for a day and refund it if you aren't feeling it.

4. andryan

andryan New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update. I have been using BeyondPod and have been really liking it. Has automatic DL and widget support and pretty much everything is customizable.

It is a pay app ($6.99), but so far its been worth it.

5. Lukehluke

Lukehluke New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google Listen is a good one... for me anyway :D

6. gprichardson1

gprichardson1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been using Hapi Podcast for a couple of weeks and like it a lot more than the stock "Listen" app. I haven't tried any of the pay apps so I can't compare it to them, but being better than Listen (IMO) and being free was good enough for me.

Search tags for this page

does android have a podcasting service like itunes