Android phone has stopped receiving text from only one person.

skrzacik0

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a strange problem. My Android phone has stopped receiving text messages from only one person. Everything was working all right until a few days ago when I didn't receive a text from a friend. The friend has an iPhone and he even turned off iMessages (what I don't think so was an issues as like I said before he had it turn on when we were texting). I restarted a phone, did an update, nothing helped. Any idea what can it be? How to solve the problem? I pretty much can receive text messages from other people without a problem.

Thanks!

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Hi,

I have a strange problem. My Android phone has stopped receiving text messages from only one person. Everything was working all right until a few days ago when I didn't receive a text from a friend. The friend has an iPhone and he even turned off iMessages (what I don't think so was an issues as like I said before he had it turn on when we were texting). I restarted a phone, did an update, nothing helped. Any idea what can it be? How to solve the problem? I pretty much can receive text messages from other people without a problem.

Thanks!
Welcome to the Forum.
Which phone do you have? If your phone has a block list, you may want to check to see if your friend has been blocked.

P

promo87

Hi,

Thanks!

Hey, that might be because you may have accidentally block the person like @Jeffrey said but what I feel is you may have accidentally installed an application which is blocking person from receiving the text, do one thing first check out for any application which may result in ... otherwise if you still can't find the application then try performing a soft factory reset as this is only going to revert back the settings back to the time you purchased .... I am sure if you have mistakenly changed then it may have reset back ! Try performing it and let me know if that works. :)