Android Overclock app

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Hacks' started by tgyberg, Sep 18, 2011.

1. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Had this app on my DX and loved it! I missed the 4x1 widget that give you battery stat and temp so I installed it on my B today. When you fire up the app, it tells you that your phone was not OC'd but there are a few other things that you can do. The ad blocker is still there, a bunch of little tweaks and the option to reboot (love that one). You can also use the cpu governors. I put mine on performance and it does seem to give it a slight bit more snap.
  2. Mustang02

Mustang02 Well-Known Member

You're only tweaking one cpu though. Defeats the purpose of dual core. Just like SetCPU, only modding one and you're not doing that much due to the locked bootloader.
  3. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

One cpu, okay. Does setcpu profiles work? if so, how about setting screen off to be max/min at lowest?
  4. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

^From what I've ready, the setcpu also only tweaks one core.
  5. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

I understood that, but i think You misunderstood my point. If you can only effect one, isn't it still a potential batt saver to have one neutered way back (while screen is off)? In theory, leaving the phone with one full-on processor, and one severely gimp'd. (So, by not allowing BOTH to go ballz-out when "they" want, ones batt life should improve, possibly)
  6. RacingTiger03

RacingTiger03 New Member

in theory YES. but in reality you would also have to factor in the much quicker process work of the two cores working together at full speed and then cutting back to a lower speed as soon as theyre done theoretically much quicker than a single 250 and a single 1ghz core trying to do the same job. Also consider that many apps are not yet taking advantage of dual cores and most processes are assigned to a single core anyways, unless moto has some software to help take advantage even for apps that don't in their programming.
  7. darionlear

darionlear New Member

have to admit and give credit where credit is due... that was a spectacular answer tiger! i'm rarely impressed... and you just impressed me. lol

8. Tegamal

Tegamal New Member

I installed SetCPU on my Bionic & it did nothing more than drain my battery & drop my benchmark scores drastically.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  9. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

I also had problems recovering from "Screen Off" to "Screen On" and from "Charging" to "Off Charger." The screen would turn white and then freeze. Only a battery pull fixed it. I've since uninstalled SetCPU and haven't had any issues.

This phone is fast enough as it is. Maybe in two years when all the apps have bloated up (as they did in the two years I had my OG Droid) I'll want to overclock but right now I see no reason.

If you want to extend battery life, shut off 4G until you REALLY need it, and you're in an area that actually HAS it. Also, use TiBu and freeze as much of that bloatware crap Verizon and Motorola loaded that thing up with. That alone has made it last almost 70% longer.
Search tags for this page
android oveeclock vs no
bionic droid overclock
droid bionic overclock speed
how to overclock cpu in the original droid
how to overclock droid bionic
overclock driod bionic cpu

overclock droid bionic

overclocking a droid bionic
overclocking droid bionic