Android OS eating battery?

solar

Reaction score
Try using the OS Monitor app from the market. In the settings of the app change it to show the highest running process at the top in decending order, (like you would on a windows box using task manager). This will help you see what process is running when its getting hot. Another helpful app is system panel which let's you keep a history of app usage and such. Heloful for diagnostics. I use both of these regularly. I had a problem with a system process called System/Bin.Mediaserver a while back.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kickyindahead

Reaction score
I have never heard of THIS ON A FULL STOCK PHONE WITH BLUR !!!!!!

ARE YOU USING JUICE DEFENDER A APP IN THE MARKET A FREE VERSION THE PAID VERSION OFFERS A FEW EXTRA FEATURES it KILLS YOUR 3G CONNECTION WHEN THE SCREEN IS OFF ALSO GO TO YOUR BATTERY MANAGER WHAT ARE THE SETTING THERE I PUT IT ON MAX BATTERY SAVER I AM ROOTED BUT I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THE ISSUES YOU ARE HAVING

Well if you don't want to root I don't know what do
Maybe some one else will know what to do on stock. Try what wozzy said maybe it'll help

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

I don't think that would help.. and its kinda hard to tell what exactly he is telling me to do ><.

I have had no problems with the settings I had. I could go a full school day or just a saturday without having to worry about my phone dying (why I purchased the extended battery because I couldn't do that with the stock). I could play some games, email, facebook, twitter, widgets all without worrying about it dying and charging it every night with out problems. In the last few days it goes from dead to 70% just by restarting the phone with the charger plugged in, the Android OS is at 70% in battery manager, and I'm getting a few hours out of my phone.

I don't see how Juice Defender with help my problems.

Please anyone else have some suggestions for me? I'm becoming desperate to get to the bottom of this?

Juice Defender is a must have app ... whether you go with the free or donated version of the app... Like Wozzy said it kills your 3g while your screen is off .. stopping your phone from trying to connect to 3g if you are in a spotty area.

I havent been on stock since practically day one of having my d2g .. so this next bit of advice might be a little off but i should hit somewhere in the ballpark ... Under settings .. go to the option for "battery manager" click on the words below the huge icon of your drained battery and it will give you options on what kind of battery profiles you can set .. hope that helps a little .. as for why android os is using up so much battery is beyond me .. i claim to be no genius on anything other than .. well .. nothing but sometimes my advice helps a little .. best advice i can give though .. follow what Wozzy says .. hes pretty smart and knows what hes doing!

kptphalkon

Reaction score
There is possibly an app you've installed that is hijacking resources. Remove anything you installed in the past 3-5 days. Android OS should always be one of the least used processes in the list. Sounds like a software conflict, which is why I suggest uninstalling anything new.

Now people may get agitated over this suggestion, but I use Advanced Task Killer for one purpose only: To end all running apps when a problem shows up. If you do this a few times a day and notice that things seem to be running better, your problem definitely is a rogue app draining the system.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you checked settings/apps/running services to see what is running. You can stop the process there. Don't use battery monitors, task killers, or memory managers, waste of resources.