Android OS Draining Battery

Rishi P

Reaction score
Recently when I check battery manager to see what's been killing my batter it shows Android OS as the biggest culprit at 68% today.

Does anyone know what this is...I'm guessing all the apps that are running in the background? This bar never used to be high it was mainly voice calls or my display....how do I bring it back down....maybe delete some recently added apps?

Thanks

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have a Task Killer installed then uninstall it, it will cause your O/S to work overtime

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have an anitvirus program installed. They are all notorious for the source of these kinds of problems.

Also, what the other battery users that are listed after the 68% OS?

OP
R

Rishi P

Reaction score
I defintley do not have a task killer nor antivirus

any other suggestions???

also shows display, browser, phone idle, cell standby and andoird system

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Try using a cache cleaner....long shot but could help.

Sent from somewhere...

alboboy10

Reaction score
My one today...I used the phone for several things, music, games, about 2-2.5 hours going online and using the display a lot. It's at 50%. Things killing the battery are 42% display. 19% voice calls. Phone idle 7. Cellstandby7. Android OS 6. And then the games and music and texting and internet are like 25 percent or so.

Get an app like mybackup, do a factory reset...I had problems with my phone that fixed it. It's a phone problem not a battery one.