Android OS 2.1 available for the Droid, use at your own risk!

Bucknell2013

Reaction score
To add my experiences to this thread,

I installed 2.1 for about a day and then it was off of my device. It was not running that smoothly on my Droid and I preferred the speed and consistency of 2.0.1

When the official update with 2.1 comes though, I will be anxiously waiting for the download!

GNove

Reaction score
I have been runiing 2.1 (EDR79) since it was first leaked & I dont see my phone slowing down at all. It runs so smooth on my device. I dont see how it can run smooth for some people but then sloppy on other devices.

Overall awesome experience with the droid and android. Never had a motorola phone in my life always stood away from them. But they have won me over with this droid beast.

My only problem is verizon's price. I come from sprint where all you can eat is basically 69.99 plus tax. I had a best buy diso**** of 20% so my bill was only 62.13 for everything. Now is like 95 and change.

billshack

Reaction score
My only problem is verizon's price. I come from sprint where all you can eat is basically 69.99 plus tax. I had a best buy diso**** of 20% so my bill was only 62.13 for everything. Now is like 95 and change.

Dude i moved from Sprint too..but try FOUR Droids on a family plan :icon_evil:

samdevor

Reaction score
hey guys just saying if some of you havent heard that 2.1 will be available for the droid officially from google soon

jnapo

Reaction score
Ok, I have got to ask. Does anyone know where you can find a list of enhancements between 2.0.1 and 2.1. I am hoping to find in the list that the Browser has been updated to include the Zoom ability that is found on the HTC Droid Eris. I can not understand why this feature is not present on the current release.

lschmitt

Reaction score
I'm liking the 2.0.1 OS just fine. I wonder if the 2.1 update for the Droid (the official one) will have Motoblur???? I heard that it's pretty nice, though I am content with my current OS. You can download the gallery app that the 2.1 uses on your Droid. I've been using it now for about a week and it wastes the current gallery. I'll look up the link for all of you who don't know about it. Trust me, way worth it!!

dbroadbent

Reaction score
Ok, I have got to ask. Does anyone know where you can find a list of enhancements between 2.0.1 and 2.1. I am hoping to find in the list that the Browser has been updated to include the Zoom ability that is found on the HTC Droid Eris. I can not understand why this feature is not present on the current release.

I second that...