Android or iPhone?!

305rev305

Reaction score
Lately Windows phones and OS have caught my attention... Very well polished. Look into it

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
I'm a ma'am lol

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
I'm a ma'am lol

...opps...

socially_awkward_penguin_blank.jpg

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

spunker88

Reaction score
Heres my opinion, take it or leave it.

The iPhone is great if you want something that works well and has a large selection of apps. Unless you jailbreak you are limited to what is in the iTunes App Store which all gets filtered by Apple.

Android gives you more freedom and with that freedom comes responsibility. The app store is less filtered, you can find emulators for consoles, etc that Apple would ban. You also have the freedom of installing from apk files so apps that you can get apps that aren't in Googles Market or betas. You can get a custom keyboard if you don't like the default one, I like Swype. You can customize your device with a different launcher and widgets.

Although rare there are virus like apps out there, but if you use common sense when downloading apps you should never have an issue. Battery life can be bad if you have power hungry widgets or apps that consume CPU cycles in the background. But you'll see them on your battery stats and either address the issue or uninstall.

For me one of the big turn offs of the iPhone is being tied to iTunes and the background processes it runs on a Windows system. I hate all programs that run at startup and don't go away when I click X. I also want a physical keyboard and no iPhone has that.

ratman6161

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! I'm not really tech smart but I do know how to get my way around to do what I need. I don't do anything fancy or special with my phone. I just text, fb, music, play games etc. Nothing fancy just the usual stuff. I don't have 4g where I'm at and know nothing about rooting/jailbreaking or any of that other stuff nor do I have any intention to do so.

Counter point: If you don't do "anything fancy...just the usual stuff" then it probably does not matter which phone you choose since any new phone you get will do those things. Your posting says "sent from my DROID3" and I'd say if you already have a Droid 3 then there is no reason to upgrade to anything, let alone be worrying about the iPhone Vs. Android flame wars. About the only reason I can see to upgrade from a Droid 3 to another phone right now is if you really want 4G or if there is some app you want to run that is iOS only. The Droid 3 is my brand new phone that I just got as an upgrade to my OG droid last week. So obviously I think its great. I think its so great that I got one for my wife over the weekend as an upgrade from her OG Droid. Hers was even FREE at wirefly.com. So unless there is something specific you want to do that you currently can't or if you absolutely must have 4G then you are in good position to just wait a while and if its 4G you are after then iPhone is not a possibility for the time being.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I love how everyone compares a stock IPhone to a tricked-out Android and complains about lag, battery life, etc... If you set-up your Android like an IPhone, with basically just several screens of apps, the phones all run just fine (especially the newer ones). Unless you have specific apps you need for IPhone or your apps are so much better on IOS (and personally I've not observed that to be the case, but everyone says that so it must be true), I'd go with the larger screen myself.

Honestly, the ONLY scenario I can recommend an IPhone is if you've already invested entirely too much money in the IOS ecosystem and can't afford to leave. Even then, the counterpoint to that is a lot of those apps on Android are free.

nikecar

Reaction score
I love how everyone compares a stock IPhone to a tricked-out Android and complains about lag, battery life, etc... If you set-up your Android like an IPhone, with basically just several screens of apps, the phones all run just fine (especially the newer ones). Unless you have specific apps you need for IPhone or your apps are so much better on IOS (and personally I've not observed that to be the case, but everyone says that so it must be true), I'd go with the larger screen myself.

Honestly, the ONLY scenario I can recommend an IPhone is if you've already invested entirely too much money in the IOS ecosystem and can't afford to leave. Even then, the counterpoint to that is a lot of those apps on Android are free.

I hate that grid look of icons like the iPhone. It funny there is a company that is making the HTC clock, the flipping one, for ios

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.