Android or iPhone?!

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
I have an upgrade coming up soon and was looking into getting the IPhone but I'm a little skeptical. What are ya'lls opinion on them?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Guchi

Reaction score
You do know where your at right...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

nikecar

Reaction score
Either Windows phone or RIM product

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

kyle10

Reaction score
Droid all the way! Just my opinion

Sent from my rooted Droid Incredible using DroidFourms

rjcapp

Reaction score
make sure you go skirt shopping to accessories the iPhone.

If u do wait for iPhone 5

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have an upgrade coming up soon and was looking into getting the IPhone but I'm a little skeptical. What are ya'lls opinion on them?

It really depends on what your needs are.

Do you need a stable device. Use minimal GPS. Or listen to alot of imported CDs then the iPhone might be for you.

If you like to customized and have more control over your phone. As well as a removable battery then most androids can accommodate your needs. Plus they have 4G right now if that is a factor.

I would suggest waiting until around November when the iPhone 5 is likely to be released if you want an iPhone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

doogald

Reaction score
The iPhone is really a great device. It's not for me, but it's hard to imagine going wrong choosing it, plus Apple has great technical and customer support after the fact. You'll also have 14 days one time to do an exchange (with a $35 restocking fee) if you decide it's not for you.

jdroid80

Reaction score
Go android. I was looking at iphone 4s with my wife, but she couldn't justify a two year commitment with no 4G, old 1.5 year design, small screen, glass front/back, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 that I'm using for about 20 bones/month.

Do I like it at all? Yes, it's a tidy phone that never really malfunctions.

Do I like it more than my Androids? Nope, I like my quirky Android phones, especially my Droid 3.

I like being able to personalize my phones. Yeah, my iPhone is jailbroken, but it still can't be messed with quite to my liking. Also, I jailbroke it without realizing that some iOS firmware versions are only compatible with tethered jailbreak methods, which sucks as bad as you think it does. The phone can't even be turned off and on normally. If the phone is turned off, it has to be tethered to my computer, which runs the jailbreak program, in order for it to boot at all. Obviously, I had to jailbreak it and didn't waste any time on research. On the bright side, I now know what "shsh blobs" are, something most people can't say:)

The other problem: no hardware keyboard. It's taken me way too long to type out this post on my Transformer. My friggin' keyboard can't get here soon enough. A lot of people can handle the virtual keyboards, though.

To be honest, I have recommended the iPhone to some people. If I know someone who's on the market for a smartphone, someone who wouldn't tinker and wouldn't want/be able to troubleshoot if something came up, I do suggest the iPhone. I've never been in a situation, with my iPhone or my iPods, where I sat and thought, "Damn, user-unreplaceable battery!" I've never owned an Apple product that froze or bootlooped. I'm sure it can happen, but it must be a rarity.

However, they're far from perfect. My iPhone often jitters when I scroll through my library and it tends to lag when I hit the home button to exit an app. Also, the battery doesn't seem any better than my Droid 3's. Even using it as a smartphone, not a music player, the battery doesn't impress me.

As I said, though, if simplicity is the order of the day, not modding, an iPhone might be the right choice. Mine bores me after an hour or so, but not everyone likes to tech the night away.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Shimmy549

Reaction score
Oh, almost forgot something.

I recommend the iPhone to the technologically-unenthused, at full price and unlocked. It pays off. I bought mine in October for just under $700. In all that time, I've maintained it for a little more than $70.

They might need someone else to take care of that issue, but it does pay off.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea if you know a thing or two about technology or you run a business Android all the way

If you want to play games iPhone

Sent from my evo 3d at 1.8ghz

JeffDenver

Reaction score
If you can live with it's limitations and can afford the expense, the iPhone is the best phone on the Market.

I say that without sarcasm. There is a lot of stuff you can't do with it, and everything about it is going to be proprietary and expensive, but if you are ok with that, you will be very happy with it. They have great hardware and support, and the UI is very polished. And if course it also has a huge app store.

OP
D

DigbyDNh

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input! I'm not really tech smart but I do know how to get my way around to do what I need. I don't do anything fancy or special with my phone. I just text, fb, music, play games etc. Nothing fancy just the usual stuff. I don't have 4g where I'm at and know nothing about rooting/jailbreaking or any of that other stuff nor do I have any intention to do so.