Android on the Bionic as it was meant to be, IMHO

Nezdude87

Reaction score
Just came over from Eclipse and I must say I'm in love with the smoothness of this rom. I'm still feeling it out, I've been on it about 30 minutes, but so far so good. I had a pesky problem with eclipse in that the play store would hang while trying to download apps. It worked whenever it wanted to, no matter how many times I cleared data and cache for the play store and download manager. The market runs soooo much smoother on this rom for some reason. I absolutely love it.

Just to be sure, I flash the patch over the rom after it's installed, correct?

Edit: Just flashed the patch and I've lost all vibration in my phone. This happen to anyone else? I've rebooted once and it didn't solve it.

Another edit: I jumped the gun. Apparently the soft key backlight and lack of vibration were intended. I got the backlight back on but can't find a setting to get my vibration back. Still looking around, though.

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
I flashed Blurry Rom last night and really loved the speed, but I was getting a ton of force closes. I don't know, maybe I didn't do it right. I didn't really care for the themeing either, especially the notification pull down, yuck. Anyway I ended up going to Icarus HD and thinking I'm going to stick with it. I'm more of a no frills kinda guy anyway. I want stock ICS or as close to it as I can get.

I was so fed up with the sluggishness of Moto's stock ROM that I was ready to throw in the towel and buy a used Nexus off Swappa and try that out. Now, it feels like a new phone, blazing fast no matter what you do. Shame on Motorola for releasing something that ****ty and taking over a year to do it. Unreal.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
The Blurry Maxx 4.1 patch has been released. Enjoy!

Just seeing this. Can you let us know here: do we first install the 4.1 patch, then the OTA patch, and then the 4.1.2 patch?

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude.. just flash blurry 3.8, then blurry 4.1 then 4.2 then wipe cache and dalvic then reboot and enjoy! Lol

deduct

Reaction score
It is to upgrade newer versions. Like going to 4.1 from 3.8. It is having some issues right now though so I would just flash the newer versions or patches thru safe strap.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
It is to upgrade newer versions. Like going to 4.1 from 3.8. It is having some issues right now though so I would just flash the newer versions or patches thru safe strap.

Ok thanks. When it was said on the other forum that you personally were having trouble with the updates, did that mean the OTA, or are there also problems arising just with 4.1(.2)?

deduct

Reaction score
From the sounds of it the versions of blurry after 3.8 are a little broken. I'm on eclipse 1.3 until they figure it out and I'm loving eclipse again.

OP
L

lm2

Reaction score
From the sounds of it the versions of blurry after 3.8 are a little broken. I'm on eclipse 1.3 until they figure it out and I'm loving eclipse again.

Yeah, I'll stick with 3.8 until someone can confirm the problems are gone. If it is convenient for you, please consider posting here when you judge Blurry 4.x is safe to return to.

deduct

Reaction score
Ha! The real fun is on the dark side of eclipse dog. You know it's true.

deduct

Reaction score
Icarus is good without any of their themeing IMO. I just love dark theme and inverted apps

bigred8380

Reaction score
+1 to deduct!! Eclipse is where it's at son!! dancedroid

Dog.....you should know better! ;)