Android on AT&T

Jdroid09

Reaction score
Finally my contract is up and I can upgrade my phone. Currently I am on Verizon but would like to change service because I get a discount. The only problem is that there aren't any android phones on AT&T that I'm really interested in. Have any of you heard about new driod phones coming to AT&T?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Remember, ATT doesn't let you install out-of-market apps.

Really sucks. If apps are removed from the market, you have no way of getting them.

For example, if you want to get Gamboid to play old GameBoy Advance games, you wouldn't be able to due to it being off the market.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
My cousin has the Atrix and it's pretty sweet.

It's pretty much the older cousin of the Bionic that's soon to be released.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Atrix is one of the top phones on the market right now. The Bionic will be a slightly improved-upon version of it. I believe you can side-load apps on the Atrix on gingerbread, as well - once it's officially released anyway... or maybe it has been already. I'm a little behind... :icon_eek:

Also there are rumors now of an Atrix II - though, if true, I'm sure that's awhile away...

OP
J

Jdroid09

Reaction score
The infuse looks awesome, the 4.5 inch screen is sick

Yea if I went with one now it wold definitely be the infuse. a guy I work with has it the screen is huge but the phone itself is extremely thin. Has anyone heard of any droids coming out later this year on AT&T?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Yea if I went with one now it wold definitely be the infuse. a guy I work with has it the screen is huge but the phone itself is extremely thin. Has anyone heard of any droids coming out later this year on AT&T?

Do you mean Android Phones or the "Droid" brand? (Like Droid/2/3, DroidX/2, Droid Bionic, Droid Pro, etc.)

Because the Droid brand of smartphones is only for Verizon.
But I haven't heard of any more Android phones coming to ATT.

All there have been are rumors.

OP
J

Jdroid09

Reaction score

Do you mean Android Phones or the "Droid" brand? (Like Droid/2/3, DroidX/2, Droid Bionic, Droid Pro, etc.)

Because the Droid brand of smartphones is only for Verizon.
But I haven't heard of any more Android phones coming to ATT.

All there have been are rumors.

Yea sorry about that I meant android phones

Cipherr

Reaction score

Really sucks. If apps are removed from the market, you have no way of getting them.

For example, if you want to get Gamboid to play old GameBoy Advance games, you wouldn't be able to due to it being off the market.

Can someone confirm the extremely enlarged red text? I am considering att as a carrier and will immediately strike them from my list if this is true. Can they really restrict the apps you can use?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

Can someone confirm the extremely enlarged red text? I am considering att as a carrier and will immediately strike them from my list if this is true. Can they really restrict the apps you can use?

That is indeed true about side-loading apps on AT&T. Obviously if you root, that's not an issue. And I could've sworn the Atrix was going to allow side-loading apps on stock Gingerbread, but you'll want to google that some more... or go check out one of our sister sites with the question... atrixforums.com or attdroids.com.

Cipherr

Reaction score
That is indeed true about side-loading apps on AT&T. Obviously if you root, that's not an issue. And I could've sworn the Atrix was going to allow side-loading apps on stock Gingerbread, but you'll want to google that some more... or go check out one of our sister sites with the question... atrixforums.com or attdroids.com.

Thanks alot for the quick response. I had no idea Ill just have to look at Tmobile and Verizon now.