1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android on acer netbook

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by PJ_ED, Jan 15, 2010.

1. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

Does anyone have an acer netbook with Android OS installed? I have one and am having problems connecting to wi-fi. The wi-fi works fine when using the XP OS, just not Android OS. It shows that I am connected but i cant do anything on the internet. It also works fine if I go wired, just not wi-fi. I am about to give up on the Android OS. Also, is there a way to access the Android market and install apps to my Android OS? Android OS seems pretty useless if I can't install any apps/programs that work with it, especially if I don't have wi-fi access. i hate to have to plug in an ethernet cable. That is what my desk top is for.
    PS, I am currently using the XP OS on my netbook to access and use this forum.
  2. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

are you using an acer one? Im curious can I get a link to the os? I may be able to tinker n get going
  3. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

Yes, it is an acer Aspire One D-250. The machine came with the Android OS installed so sorry, no link. I bought the machine mainly because of Android being installed on it to play around with it. The OS is really identical to what is on the phones as far as I can tell.
  4. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

dont suppose your technically inclined enougfh to be abale to ghost the android partition and bundle it into a iso and post it?
  5. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

No i'm not, but i'm willing to give 'er a try. At least know what you are talking about, just don't know how to do it. Any pointers or guidance on where I can learn?
  6. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

a program like norton ghost that can clone the entire android partition from there a program to compress it like win rar or winzip from there i can repartition and try reloading the image onto my hard drive twiddle with the mbr and should be able to attempt to boot in theory.
  7. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

Thanks, i'll look into it and give it a shot in between my full time military job, college class and a 4 year old. I'm sure I can piss of my wife a little more:icon_eek: I'll certainly give it a shot though, I have used Norton Ghost a long long time ago, with some help but it doesn't sound too difficult.
    Just a question. Isn't the OS open source where it can be downloaded from somewhere like Google or do they make that difficult?
  8. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

buddy of mine just ordered one, so if you haven't gotten this fixed in a fee days, I will be able to check on his and see if he is having the same issue..
  9. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

Thanks, currently, and in advance to all who help with this. I look forward to being able to maximize the use of Android OS on my netbook.

I have a feeling the wi-fi problem is more than likely just something I am not doing correctly. That being said, Android should have made it a little easier to connect, especially since I have no problems what-so-ever when using the XP OS.
  10. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

tdawg, I don't know if this will get you what you want but I found this online. You can run Android on your system from this site. live-android - Project Hosting on Google Code Let me know if this will work for you. If that won't work I will try ghosting my OS.
    Thanks
  11. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

No time to ghost my OS yet. I tried connecting with wifi yesterday and was briefly successful, very briefly. Any thoughts? I have been trying while sitting within a few feet of my router also. The screen shows that I have a strong signal, I am just getting "no service".
  12. PJ_ED

PJ_ED New Member

Don't know what happened, but I am surfing on my wifi fine now???? What ever... I also found some of the non-market apps that I can install. I'll play around with them. I have not found too many non market apps that seem useful to me yet. When the apps improve, I may even be able to use Android OS for a little more than just cloud computing.
Search tags for this page
acer netbook forum
acer one android install problems

android acer iso

android machine iso for acer

android netbook wifi problem

android os for aspire one download

baixar android para netbook acer

can i install andriod os on a n acer netbook?

can't install android os on acer

download android os driver for aspire one netbook
download setup.exe android netbook acer

how to connect android to netbook

how to connect my acer aspire one to my droid x2
how to install android on acer net book
install android on acer aspire one netbook