Android O Launcher On Any Android!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
e0b70-android-o-pixel-launcher-all-devices-png.77498

The Android O beta build has been available for Pixel devices for quite some time now. Many new features were even announced at Google I/O. At this point if you want to run Android O you need a Pixel device or other Google device. However you can now use the Pixel Android O Launcher on any device as long as it is running Android version 6.0.1 or greater. The apk for the launcher was recently pulled and made available online. To install you will need to enable unknown sources and simply download and install the launcher from the link below. Some users have experienced some bugs so just keep that in mind. Grab the launcher from the link below.

via XDA

Attachments

• e0b70-android-o-pixel-launcher-all-devices.png
    e0b70-android-o-pixel-launcher-all-devices.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 4,524

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Cool, might have to try this out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
tried it, didn't like it. lots of widgets aren't compatible yet.
That's weird. I had the O beta loaded on my Pixel XL and all of my widgets worked just fine. Must be something in the hack job they did to create this standalone launcher?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I just tried command center widget from z force on my z play and it wouldn't even be in the list of widgets. Could because that widget was extracted from z force is not a native widget to other Android devices.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just watched DMX's youtube video on the launcher. No Google Now screen on the left, no notifications when you long press an icon. Seems like the port is half-baked at this stage.