Android Nougat 7.1.2 Beta 2 Is Now Rolling Out

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Android-N-Developer-0001.jpg

While most of our newer flagships are just now beginning to receive Android 7.0 Google is continuing to move along with Android. They have just started the rollout of their latest and greatest build Android 7.1.2 Beta 2. This update is currently rolling out the the Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, and Nexus Player. For most of the devices the build is a minor update providing bug fixes, however for the Nexus 6P and Pixel C there are a few pretty big changes.

The Nexus 6P gets Fingerprint Scanner Gestures with the update. With the update on the 6P you will be able to pull down the notification bar with a swipe down on your fingerprint scanner. We saw this feature first in stock Android on the Pixel and Pixel XL. The Nexus 5X and now the Nexus 6P finally have the gesture feature.

The Pixel C will see the biggest change with this update. It brings an all new UI for multitasking as well as a new launcher and new navigation bar. You now get a large card view for your recents page. Opening a window can be achieved by dragging one of these cards to one side of the screen. The Pixel C also gets the Pixel launcher with this update. The Nav Bar icons are also now the same as what you get on the Pixel and Pixel XL. Any eligible device that is signed up for the Beta program will receive the OTA update.

via XDA

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Why is everyone so excited about gestures?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only advantage of fingerprint gestures is you don't have to reach to the top of the screen to pull down notifications.
With screens now going almost 6" diagonal, most people can't reach top without working up a carpal tunnel syndrome.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I have long fingers, so the fingerprint gesture to pull down the notifications has been off on my Pixel XL since I got it. I tried it out a couple of times, but I didn't find it any easier and figured having that sensor always checking to see if I was swiping was probably at least sipping battery.

I am a fan of the gesture to double tap the power button to launch the camera. I use that to open my camera more than the icon or any other way. I've also recently re-enabled and come to love the flick of the wrist to swap between front and back cameras. When you've got a wriggling baby in your hands and are trying to get a quick picture, it's nice to not have to fumble for the onscreen button while trying to keep him from snatching the phone.