Android Nokia Phones Coming By The End Of 2016

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

When I think of Nokia phones I think of a tank! My first ever cell phone was a Nokia and there just wasn't any destroying it. You can throw it across the room, drop it on concrete, submerge it in water all without having to worry about it dying. The battery held a charge for more than a week, and you could play snake on it. Recently Nokia smart phones have mostly featured Windows phone. Many Android fans would love to see a Nokia device with their favorite OS. After months of rumors it looks like this may be happening for real.

Mike Wang, a senior executive of Nokia from China, has confirmed Nokia's plans to announce Nokia phones with android towards the end of this year. Three devices will be announced. Depending on testing and development we may see the sale of the devices as early as Q1 2017. Would you be interested in a Nokia device if it was running Android?

via NokiaPowerUser

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No fingerprint sensor? Not interested.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

g_what

Reaction score
If it runs stock (or nearly stock) Android then I would be interested.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Would use if those bezels actually ended up that minimal, and as mentioned before, they add a fingerprint reader. Always good to see new manufacturers enter the market.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Don't get too excited there DroidmodderX. Pretty sure that phone wouldn't be much of a tank. ;)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk