Android Needs To....

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by NYZ93, Mar 17, 2010.

1. NYZ93

NYZ93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Organize all there apps what i mean is by making all the icons the same size it looks alot better like on the Iphone i mean i have like 7 different sized apps

2. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Blasphemy! But I see your point...

3. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Meh. I'm not sure I agree. If I wanted homogeneity I would have selected the iPhone in the first place. I guess it's a subjective matter though. Could a theme handle what you're looking for?

4. NYZ93

NYZ93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i mean i think they should

5. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    they did that on windows 6.5 if i remember correctly (or maybe htc did it) but they set a basic icon template. all icons were the same size and general shape though they didn't have to look exactly the same (eg. one could have a border around the edge, one could have transparencies etc) but they were all the same size and same style/quality

looked really clean, they should at least have a way to change the icons for apps cuz some of them have horrible HORRIBLE icons.

like Gremote Pro *shutters*. Amazing app and i use it all the time, but i cant stand to look at it on my home screen, i had to give it its own folder to hide its shame :frown:

#5 averma1, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  6. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +3
    There are plenty of ways to do this, but forcing devs to use a icon template is one step on the road to losing the openness that makes Android great.

7. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I figure it should be some guidelines or general agreement to make them a consistent size, and/or a consistent resolution. i have plenty of 1/2 vga icons on my droid and their just hard to look at. though i see what your saying