Android needs a SAFE MODE

drumtrucker

Reaction score
or is there a way to boot into safe mode already?

Would use to try to install SWYPE beta which refuses to install on my rooted Droid. (trying to update to newer Beta, previous version was working).

Many of the suggestions by SWYPE seem to be trying to get Droid in what would seem to be an equivalent of Windows Safe Mode.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
i think you just hit the power on button and menu button on the physical keyboard for awhile,lol

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
it works for me, power it off, open keyboard and press the menu key, keep pressing it then press the power button, do this untill you get to lock screen,then your in safe mode.

OP
drumtrucker

drumtrucker

Reaction score
man, that's a long time to hold that menu key, but it did finally come up and actually say safe mode, but...
when I closed the keyboard it went back to boot animation and completed booting to normal mode.

So do I have to leave keyboard open?
What does safe mode actually mean on the droid?

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
its like a pc,it starts the droid up in safe mode with onlly the core processes, im not to sure about when keyboard is closed,if its suppose to reboot.

OP
drumtrucker

drumtrucker

Reaction score
after Googling 'safe mode for droid' found that we are supposed to release the menu button after it vibrates. I just did that and it did come up with safe mode on unlock screen, but then rebooted immediately before I could unlock.

sneaky_zekey

Reaction score
weird, im not sure. sounds like you might have messed something up or something.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. How can booting into "safe mode" help you install swype? Make sure you uninstall the version you have, then go thru the swype installer and sign in.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
+1 on Corina's Post-Safe Mode should have nothing to do with installing Swype