1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android Navigation via Bluetooth Headset = Useless

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by bamorris2, Nov 1, 2010.

1. bamorris2

bamorris2 New Member

I have a Droid X connected to a Scala G4 motorcycle headset. Use it mainly for listening to music, but yesterday I decided to also use it for Navigation. The problem that I discovered with my setup is that my G4 headset stays in a type of "standby" mode until the phone sends audio to the headset. The bluetooth connection stays active at all times, but it takes a second or so for the Navigation voice to come through to the headset. The result is that I miss the first second of speach. So instead of it saying "Turn right on Main Street", all that I hear is "...Main Street".

Is there any fix for this? Any way of having Navigation delay the speach for a second?
  2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Try a different headset or just take the thing off while you're driving -- driving with a headset on prevents you from hearing outside noise and if a cop catches you doing it you'll get a ticket. Distracted driving. If you're going to use turn-by-turn then you should use the rear speaker, use some type of FM broadcaster, or a Bluetooth speaker. Be safe! :)
  3. bamorris2

bamorris2 New Member

Ah ok, then all of the millions of motorcycle headsets are illegal then? Including the ones that the police themselves use?

I'm not asking this question to get a lecture on safe motorcycling. And just for the record, I do not use the headset for telephone communication. In fact, I have Tasker set up to turn off the radio when connected to the G4.
  4. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

Driving a car with headphones on is absolutely illegal. In fact, when I was living in Boulder, CO, a girl was killed when she pulled out in front of an ambulance that she didn't hear because she was listening to her ipod. The ambulance driver was found not to be at fault because the girl was breaking the law by wearing headphones while driving.

That said, the law maybe different for motorcycles...

Sent from my Motorola Droid
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    I misread the part where it was a motorcycle headset. You have my apologies for the misunderstanding.
  6. KF2TI

KF2TI New Member

Even bigger problem

The Droid X DOES NOT WORK WITH THE Scalal G4. I spent an hour with them (very helpful and pleasant) but could not get the thing to work

I can connect the intercoms, however, if I tryu music or the phone or the GPS, the intercom connection is disrupted and the BT is disconnected

You have to turn off everything and restart to get back to square one

It's in the phone as I was able to run everything well when commected to a Blackberry

$315 down the tubes
  7. Fault

Fault New Member

Just reminding everyone, its legal to drive deaf. Aswell, its legal to drive with massive subs that can deafen your ears. A bluetooth is probably easier to hear than both previous situations.
Search tags for this page
android bluetooth navigation
android gps voice bluetooth headset
android motorcycle app headset

android navigation via bluetooth

best bluetooth headset for motorcycle gps navigation
bluetooth connect delay android navigation
bluetooth earpiece for motorcycle navigation
bluetooth headset for motorbike navigation
can i use navigation and bluetooth
does android gps speak through bluetooth earpiece?
gps voice through blue tooth
how to get verizon navigator to speak thru headset
htc+bluetooth+headphones+for motorbike
motorcycle bluetooth headset gps navigation
navigation not working through bluetooth