Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm wondering if it's because I don't broadcast the ssid?

I can see neighboring networks, but not mine.

I've turned WiFi on and off a few times, refreshed the list multiple times, rebooted the phone, rebooted the router...

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll have to change that later & try again. Just rebooted again & forgot my network from the saved list. Still no luck.

Can't obtain an IP from the neighbor's guest network, but I've never connected to that one anyway, so idk if that's a new problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Connects just fine to the public network here at work that I used to download the update file...Very strange. Will have to double check my home network with another device later before going much farther.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
One weird thing I saw was TWRP didn't stick after a reboot. Don't know if that's new but I've never seen twrp not stick. I went back to 6.0.1, I missed the xposed tweaks. I didn't opt out the beta program, just flashed back. So now I have that annoying reminder for an upgrade. Android N is what M should've been

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'll have to change that later & try again. Just rebooted again & forgot my network from the saved list. Still no luck.

Can't obtain an IP from the neighbor's guest network, but I've never connected to that one anyway, so idk if that's a new problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Connects just fine to the public network here at work that I used to download the update file...Very strange. Will have to double check my home network with another device later before going much farther.
Turning SSID Broadcast on on my router has appeared to fix my connection issue at home. I've also disconnected & reconnected successfully a couple of times now.

Strange problem to have, but it's connected & I just turned mobile data completely off, so if this post works, my WiFi is working like it did this morning before I installed the beta.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Reactions: CJM

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, that was fun, but I'm currently installing apps after taking the OTA to return to Marshmallow.

Kinda reminded me of the old rooting and romming days. Fun for the weekend, but I need to be able to rely on my phone.

Nothing major, but I ran into some small bugs that were annoying...

Contacts app-Was at the home improvement store and needed to call my MIL to see if I could borrow their lawn tractor. Found her name in Contacts and tapped on it, but her display picture took up the whole screen and there was nothing I could tap to call her. After some fiddling with it, I discovered that her numbers, address, etc. would show up if I flipped it to landscape.

Also, when I made and received some calls, though I held the phone in portrait, it seemed like it was confused about orientation. The blue section that should've been on the top took up the left side and the contact picture took up the right side.

Camera-Would occasionally crash. One time, I launched it in landscape mode and the shutter button was overlaid on top of the button for switching between front and back cameras. That was fun.

Quick Toggles-Worked very well when the phone was unlocked. While on the lock screen though, if I pulled down the notification tray and tapped wifi or bluetooth, instead of toggling, it would act like I long pressed it. When those features were off, this would toggle them on and then give me options of devices/networks to connect to. When they were on, it required a second tap to toggle them off, because it would simple give that list.

Some apps seemed to have trouble reading certain information needed. Upon launch, a couple of apps would give me a long string explaining what failed.

Again, these aren't huge problems, but definitely reminded me that this build isn't final. Also reminded me of some of the half-baked roms and etc I used to try to use. It may have even reminded me of the OG android days without rooting and roms. Just a bit buggy. Amazing to think how far the software really has come since my days with the G1.

Though it was fun for nostalgic purposes, I'd rather have the phone be reliable and dependable.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I flashed back Thursday night.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I flashed back Thursday night.

And here I thought you were gonna give me a hard time for "abandoning" you again...Haha!

I'm definitely impressed with where they're headed with it and I can't say that I won't jump back in again, especially if they add something else that I really want to get a peek at.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
And here I thought you were gonna give me a hard time for "abandoning" you again...Haha!

I'm definitely impressed with where they're headed with it and I can't say that I won't jump back in again, especially if they add something else that I really want to get a peek at.
Nah. I ran into a few issues too. I need a phone to be 100%.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. I feel like I've lost my edge/carefree attitude. I used to flash a ROM and then leave home for the day, not even knowing if the phone was working. The buggy stuff I used to put up with on a daily basis...Haha!

Now, I need it to work as expected on the first try. Really goes to show just how stable the OS is these days. When you compare it to unfinished versions, you realize just how much you take for granted how smoothly it works most of the time.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
We're older and wiser now. :) I used to do the same. Now I enjoy clicking on a button and it working the first time.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah. I feel like I've lost my edge/carefree attitude. I used to flash a ROM and then leave home for the day, not even knowing if the phone was working. The buggy stuff I used to put up with on a daily basis...Haha!

Now, I need it to work as expected on the first try. Really goes to show just how stable the OS is these days. When you compare it to unfinished versions, you realize just how much you take for granted how smoothly it works most of the time.

Hahaha, I can not tell you how many times I walked out the house with the phone restoring from Tibu all happy and stuff until I go try and use the camera. Now I'm rushing to restore a nandroid backup while at work so I can use my phone. Yet despite that the next day I'm flashing something else or the latest build that "fixed" the camera (only to find out later it broke something else).

That is why I have kept my nexus around so I can have it for flashing stuff like this while keeping my DD, Note 5, for work.