Android Messages Web View

JDH

Reaction score
I got it yesterday also didn't turn it on till this morning. very easy startup. Sent message from my ipad and replied to the response from my PC desktop, Yah! Now I can text and respond via my ipad. this in itself is worth the install.
BTW, I have been waiting for a message update notice since reading about the feature and have not gotten one. I do not auto update so I see what needs updating and choose wheather or not to do so. Just happened to open messages yesterday and the message for web choice was there. My messages app updated some time ago but the feature didn't show up. There must be something to the "Google must activate for your account" theory after all

sahmraw

Reaction score
I got it yesterday also didn't turn it on till this morning. very easy startup. Sent message from my ipad and replied to the response from my PC desktop, Yah! Now I can text and respond via my ipad. this in itself is worth the install.
BTW, I have been waiting for a message update notice since reading about the feature and have not gotten one. I do not auto update so I see what needs updating and choose wheather or not to do so. Just happened to open messages yesterday and the message for web choice was there. My messages app updated some time ago but the feature didn't show up. There must be something to the "Google must activate for your account" theory after all
Yeah Google activates it. But the mms thing is some kind of workaround I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also cool to use another phone. My pixel don't have a sim as it is just a alarm clock with WiFi. But wanted to try and see if it would work. So went to the site on my pixel so i can't get my pixel 2 xl messages. Works great. So if my pixel 2 xl is on the charger for the night I can see what's being sent and respond.

I charge my pixel 2 xl on the counter in the living room next to my keys and wallet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Has anyone figured out that many of the Hangouts Easter eggs also work with Web Messages? Apparently, here are some of the ones that do work:

To execute these commands on Android Messages, just type a forward slash and then the word you want to use. They only work at the beginning of messages though.

/shrug or /shruggie — ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

/sunglasses or /dealwithit — ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

/tableflip — (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

/tableback — ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ

/that — (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

/this — ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

/wizard — (∩ ` -´)⊃━━☆゚.*・。゚

/yuno — ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

/success — (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

/happy — ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

/facepalm— (-‸ლ)

/disapprove — ಠ_ಠ

/algebraic — | ( •◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

/praisethesun — \`[-|-]/

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JDH

Reaction score
Yesterday I started having messages problems, while using my phone and attempting to send text I get message that it did not send tap to retry. I uninstalled and reinstalled but same issue persist. I enabled Verizon message + this morning and will use till issue is resolved. Anyone else have this happen?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I haven't run into that issue yet, I have had it synced with my phone for a few hours this morning. I have been texting with family cross country, using my Chromebook, without issues

JDH

Reaction score
This only started after I had activated the message for web feature and used both my PC and iPad to test it.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I haven't set it up yet on my Win PC. That's on my "things to do" list for later, maybe tomorrow. Maybe two web devices syncing causes some issues?

Jacobson

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung
Not a bad option, I like it. I think I'll use it.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I use it quite often on my Chromebook and it works great. For me personally, I say...good job Google.

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I added the Verizon PC text sync app to win 10 and the Google one
The Google one is a web page which is convenient while the Verizon one is a PC program and the Microsoft one is Cortana
Cortana for small syn has not yet been stable consistently for me. The Verizon app seems a little bloated and just started using the Google messenger sync. To be continued. ..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Messages on web via web browser just tested it cool but it seems to time out and the QR code needs to be rescanned seems like a safety measure timeout thing. It should have the option to cache that it is your computer and stay logged in and prompt to allow send notifications from web page to make it more app like. It is snappier response than Verizon messages PC app but less features but it's a nice option that can be used on any web browser I like it

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have not had any of that happen since the initial scan months ago. I scanned once and have had no timeouts or need to re-scan the code.

sahmraw

Reaction score
It is always locking me out on my pixelbook and needs rescanning

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have not had any of that happen since the initial scan months ago. I scanned once and have had no timeouts or need to re-scan the code.

Hmmm