Android Messages Web View

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
A lot of work places don't allow cell phones but do work on computers all day. This way they can stay in touch with others over the pc instead of phone.
Oh, good point! Not having that rule, it never entered my mind. Thank you! That makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
A lot of work places don't allow cell phones but do work on computers all day. This way they can stay in touch with others over the pc instead of phone.

this is true, but there was a way around it. not counting those who sneak in their phones, you could always text or receive text through email.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just FYI...for anyone that wants to try version 3.3.044 from APK Mirror. It still doesn't have the new option. I picked the exact same version number that is on my wife's phone and installed it. Nope, no new option. There is obviously a difference in the update through the Play Store vs the APK files on APK Mirror. Just wanted to save someone the headache if they were thinking about it. Just wait for the Play Store.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I would never trust downloads from a third party site. you never really know what is really included or not included with the apk. there is no real security.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I would never trust downloads from a third party site. you never really know what is really included or not included with the apk. there is no real security.
I trust APK Mirror. They are very reputable. I have had no major issues with installing any apps from there. Sure, I picked the wrong version once and had a hard time uninstalling it. That was my fault, not theirs. Their site is safe. Many Moderators, IT professionals and developers recommend their site. I was only posting to save others time that might have thought they could get the new update early, not as a safety warning. I would never mention site that I felt was unsafe.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I trust APK Mirror. They are very reputable. I have had no major issues with installing any apps from there. Sure, I picked the wrong version once and had a hard time uninstalling it. That was my fault, not theirs. Their site is safe. Many Moderators, IT professionals and developers recommend their site. I was only posting to save others time that might have thought they could get the new update early, not as a safety warning. I would never mention site that I felt was unsafe.

maybe it is but both times you said you used it the first time it was a wrong version and the second time it was the right version but did not have all the features of that version. so in the end, it would be better just to wait for the play store than have that frustration .

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree, and that's why I posted here. To save others any frustration. I still feel it's a safe site and would install an APK from them again, and would recommend the same to others.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well I'm glad to hear that at least one VZW phone got the update!! I'm hopeful my time is coming soon.
My work phone (Droid Turbo 2) just received the app update, and it's on Verizon. So this definitely is rolling out for Verizon phones.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was greeting this morning with an updated Messenger :D

But no Web Messages yet!

giphy.gif

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
A lot of people on another forum said they received the app update but no Web Messages option in the 3.0.044 app. Same here. Three phones received the app update last night, all the same app version. 2 out of 3 do not have the new option. My work phone does (Turbo 2) but not my Z Force & Z Play. I have uninstalled updates, cleared data, disabled, rebooted > then re-enable, reinstall the new app version twice last night. And still no Web Messages option. I did notice that when I switched to Verizon Message + this morning that hundreds of old texts that didn't appear in Messages showed up in the Message+ app. So, I deleted everything, every single text thread. Rebooted the phone, and repeated above (clear data, uninstall updates, disable, reboot, enable, install app again) and still no Web Messages option. No one on the other forum seems to have an explanation, and several different phone models (Note 8, Pixel, Z Play, etc). I'm wondering if some data glitch (like my unsynced texts that didn't appear) causes the app to not show the option? Or if Google has to turn something "On" on their end. My work phone is tied to a different G Mail account than my personal G Mail. Both my Z phones are tied to my personal G Mail account and do not have the new option.

Oh well, I wanted to try the new text from web feature but I guess Uncle Google doesn't want me to use it.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Someone on another forum thinks Google has to enable it for your account before the option appears in the app. It's plausible