Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yes, that's on my phone!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Sorry about that. My bad. I didn't realize what it was at first. Looks like you are all set to start syncing texts with your laptop, if you want. Cool!

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Okay, it's up and running on my laptop. I'm not sure what to report other than to say it's basically just like on the phone but bigger.
A list of all messages (contacts you've texted) is on the left and there's about 75% of the rest of the screen for the open conversation. It might actually come in handy when I'm home and get a text message....
The options for attachments are items on your computer, obviously. That's kinda cool if there's a picture on my laptop I want to send. Saves a step or three.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have google voice. it is the number I give people I don't trust with my real number. It forwards all calls to my real number. get emails with voice mail transcripts (which can be pretty funny sometimes) and text messages. you can send from it too. anyway, getting off topic so I will quit there.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I'll check further into it. I use the number for the same reason -- and because I wanted to keep an out-of-state friend from paying long distant fees when she was living.
Back to Messages on the computer. It's really pretty cool! The contacts are the same as my phone, but attachment options are from the computer. I like that option! I bet I will use this when I'm home!

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My wife's Z2 Play just got the app update. Cool. Nothing for me yet. And of course, the APK I installed from APK Mirror wouldn't even register in the Play Store to receive updates. . I uninstalled all app Updates and updated to the Play Store version before the one with Web Messages. One of these days I'll learn to stick to the Play Store. . Probably not.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Okay, it's up and running on my laptop. I'm not sure what to report other than to say it's basically just like on the phone but bigger.
A list of all messages (contacts you've texted) is on the left and there's about 75% of the rest of the screen for the open conversation. It might actually come in handy when I'm home and get a text message....
The options for attachments are items on your computer, obviously. That's kinda cool if there's a picture on my laptop I want to send. Saves a step or three.

Thanks for the update! . It sounds like Google has a good start on an all-in-one messaging service for the future.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I agree. it seems there were more interest in it than I thought
Yep. People are frantic over not getting the app update on some other Forums. Apparently people have been waiting a while (impatiently) for this.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yep. People are frantic over not getting the app update on some other Forums. Apparently people have been waiting a while (impatiently) for this.

I don't understand the importance (or excitement) over this, but maybe I'm just showing my age...

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reason I'm looking forward to it... I work from home in front of my computer all day. It's beneficial to able to pop into another window to read and respond to text messages (with a real keyboard) vs. having to dig my phone out of my pocket or off the charger.. or go find it on the kitchen table...or.... well you get the point. ;)