Android Messages Web View

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I installed version 3.3.043 from APK Mirror and it still doesn't have the new Scan Barcode For Website option. I guess we just have to wait for Google to push out this new update, if we want to try it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

hopefully you will not have any problems again after getting the real update like you said you did the last time :)

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
hopefully you will not have any problems again after getting the real update like you said you did the last time :)
I shouldn't this time thanks to @CJM. Thanks again for sharing that Droid Info app! I'm confident that now I picked the correct APK for my phone, so it should update to whatever comes after 3.3.043 for my phone.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
It hasn't hit my Pixel 2 yet either and I'm actually looking forward to being able to text from desktop again without having to rely on a third party app.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
just went over to the play store and found it is not compatible with my android 7 asus zenpad tablet. maybe when the new update version goes live it will be compatible.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
just went over to the play store and found it is not compatible with my android 7 asus zenpad tablet. maybe when the new update version goes live it will be compatible.

How did you try it on you tablet? Though the Chrome browser/website? Or did you try to load the Messages App? I don't think the app will load on anything without cell phone capability. Unless you can finagle with a Google Voice #?

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
True, I don't think Android Messages will run on a WiFi tablet, only on phones and tablets with a cell number. But you should be able to open the new Android Messages Web page from Chrone on a tablet and see the link device code. Once the app has the scanner update it should link that devices browser to your texts on your phone.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
How did you try it on you tablet? Though the Chrome browser/website? Or did you try to load the Messages App? I don't think the app will load on anything without cell phone capability. Unless you can finagle with a Google Voice #?

did not try to load it, just went to the store and it showed not compatible - though I did not think about the cell phone bit.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
True, I don't think Android Messages will run on a WiFi tablet, only on phones and tablets with a cell number. But you should be able to open the new Android Messages Web page from Chrone on a tablet and see the link device code. Once the app has the scanner update it should link that devices browser to your texts on your phone.

yep, should be able to use the tablets browsers. as I said in the previous post, just did not even think about the cell phone part. should have stayed in bed longer - got up too early because of a mosquito buzzing my head.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I got a notification that it's available to download on my computer. I'll try it tonight when I get home. I don't see a huge need for this, but ya never know....

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The computer part should just be opening the website and seeing a code to scan and then scanning the code with the app. What did you computer notify you to download? Maybe there is more to this than the instructions Google published?

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
This is what I got, but I'm at work, so didn't want to try it from here
b4f0a81fd521b3d08607320e6bee9af1.jpg

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yep, that's the website. You can open it now. But....you need the Messages app update that has the option to scan the QR code that you will see on the website. That's what we are waiting for, the Messages app update that lets us sync texts to the website.

OP
Sajo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Wait, now that I look at your screenshot again, is that the Messages app with the update we have been talking about? Maybe it is finally rolling out?