Android Media Process hogging processor...repeated notices from Watchdog

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Tim K, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Tim K

Tim K New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that whenever I either restart my Droid or disconnect the USB from the PC, I get numerous annoying notifications from Watchdog that "Android Media Process" is above the threshold for processor usage. Its been known to use over 70% of the processor for whatever its doing. I think that its doing something with all of my gallery images as if I am in the gallery during this time period it will constantly display "loading" on the screen. Is it possible I have too many or too much in my gallery? There's only maybe 400 images and a couple of dozen short camera videos (15 secs). Or do I have some kind of corrupt file that is causing it to hang?

2. monty75

monty75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Similar issue here, though I didn't notice any correlation to my gallery.

Each time I disconnect and then reconnect my phone to my mac (when I lose the tether due to an incoming call or something) I get the Watchdog alert that Android Media Process exceeded my cpu threshold. I have my setCPU profile for when the phone is charging (i.e. connected to the computer) for up to 800000. But I just created that setCPU profile this week, whereas I've been tethering (and consequently reconnecting the usb a few times a day) for about a month. So does that mean that somehow the AMP is using more cpu just because more is available? Or is it just a coincidence?

Needless to say I'm a newbie at all of this, so perhaps my logic is flawed. Can anyone shed a little light on the issue?

3. estafusisx

estafusisx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine did that and a corrupted music file was to blame. Had to go through and check every 1 till i found it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

4. monty75

monty75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can u tell a newbie like me how to check all the music files?

5. estafusisx

estafusisx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol... its kinda hard to believe but mine just started doing it again... i haven't downloaded any songs since i went thru them all last week so i guess thats not it lol... damn

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

android media process

android media process detected above threshold

android media process high cpu
android media process watchdog
app alert facebook detected above threshold
facebook above threshold
facebook detected above threshold
lookout detected above threshold
video player detected above threshold
watchdog android media process