Android (Media) Gallery Default Directory

ashiyatl

Reaction score
I've done numerous searches on this and found nothing. I have no problem saving most media to my SD card directory, but when it comes to pictures and videos recored/taken/saved to the default android gallery subdirectories (wherever those are) I'm completely lost.

Basically, because Verizon is garbage like every other major carrier, they limit the size of email attachments - in this case, videos. I want to send a video to someone and I don't want to have to mess with converting and compressing and all the other bull**** that goes along with working around the programmed limits.

If I can find the directory where the gallery saves things to, I can simply copy it to my SD card directory and add it as an attachment to an email via my computer.... any idea what the directory for these files might be?

JimmyD

Reaction score
Any images (pictures or video) taken by your Droid will be created on your SD card.

Mount your Droid via USB to your computer, then you can move the pics/videos.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my Sd card I have a file called DCIM. Every video and photo that I've taken has automatically been placed in that particular file.

If you have Astro you can view on your phone otherwise you need to mount to access your SD card.

Mike