Android market replaced

HDG55

Reaction score
Just want to install market or google play

yes, still the old icon and it works. went in to settings, apps, and cleared data from the market. went to home screen and hit the old market icon and it opened "google play" and i had to accept the agreement. still no new icon.

I didn't understand about market and google play I deleted the app not the icon. The icon says app not installed. Can anyone tell me how to install a clean version. Someone? I'm getting frustrated because I keep getting told to long push the icon. But the app is not installed. I go to manage apps and I see an icon but it does nothing. I guess when I didn't accept the agreement because I didn't know what it was....everything was wiped out.
Help please.

Kack

Reaction score
That is because with ics the launcher is designed to point in the right direction. The moto blur launcher for stock is only looking for the app called market.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

I understand that. im just stating that it works in other ways.:blink:

Papa_T

Reaction score
Ahh, okay I see it now. I never used it. Good eye!

Hopefully that will clear things up and he can just make a homepage shortcut.

Jungle King got it. Glad he could understand what I was trying to say :biggrin:. I have the new app set up like I want it on the home screen. Just hate having that unusable icon sitting there, small thing but annoying to me ;).

T1125P

Reaction score
Yeah Papa_T same here it's just annoying. I mean can't the developers just make it a google play icon once it was updated? Just like you it's annoying just sitting there and it does nothing but say application is not installed. Motorola should release a small OTA to clear that up. It's not hard. :/ There's always something...

HDG55

Reaction score
missing app/icon

Yeah Papa_T same here it's just annoying. I mean can't the developers just make it a google play icon once it was updated? Just like you it's annoying just sitting there and it does nothing but say application is not installed. Motorola should release a small OTA to clear that up. It's not hard. :/ There's always something...

Really poor on their part.

Reaction score
I am sure moto will but we gotta be patient. It isn't their fault Google decided to change things up. This just happened so even if moto did a quick fix today, it will still have to be approved by Verizon which is not an overnight thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Cinoib

Reaction score
Funny thing happened while at the Market. After I received and installed Google Movies, G Books, and G Music, my R Maxx would take over a minute to fully wake up after coming out of sleep. I then un-installed the upgrades. Now I wasn't able to go to Marketplace. I'd get a message that marketplace was inaccessable. I shut off the phone. I turned the phone on and guess what. Marketplace works fine and it wakes up instantly.

Oh, btw, Google Movies wasn't able to run in that my device is rooted (like the Blockbuster app).

Did anyone notice these symptoms?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Oh, btw, Google Movies wasn't able to run in that my device is rooted (like the Blockbuster app).

Did anyone notice these symptoms?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Yes, been discussed by another. My suggestion is to download and install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper. Run and choose Protect Root. Then once root is protected you can Temp Unroot at any time to download and watch movies. After your home theater in a pocket closes, simply Restore Root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

buck i

Reaction score
Google Play has been updated so that the app drawer shortcut works again. Google was on top of that issue.

Kimo91

Reaction score
I had an easy time to update the market on my Razr and my wife's DINC2, however my daughter's D3 I played hell for 20 min updating the dang thing. But all in all the new market name sucks but other than the icon and updated Google app names, I see no difference at all.

Sent from the Sith powered and rooted Motor DROID RAZR

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I agree, name sucks. I even have a hard time finding it in the app tray now because I forget what the name is.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

buck i

Reaction score
I had an easy time to update the market on my Razr and my wife's DINC2, however my daughter's D3 I played hell for 20 min updating the dang thing. But all in all the new market name sucks but other than the icon and updated Google app names, I see no difference at all.

Sent from the Sith powered and rooted Motor DROID RAZR

Usually clearing the app data for the market triggers the update. If not, you can manually download the apk.

Link here.