Android market replaced

biggdave92

Reaction score
k, i just found it under settings, apps, all apps. how do i get it to the homescreen?

Papa_T

Reaction score
I have now got the new "Play Store" icon as I should have. My problem is I still have the old Market icon, that looks the same as the new app, less the colorful design. It sits in the upper right corner of the app drawer. If I press it, I get a message that says "Application is not installed on this phone". That is okay, as it has been replaced. But how do I get rid of the icon. It's useless now and I don't want it on there.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have now got the new "Play Store" icon as I should have. My problem is I still have the old Market icon, that looks the same as the new app, less the colorful design. It sits in the upper right corner of the app drawer. If I press it, I get a message that says "Application is not installed on this phone". That is okay, as it has been replaced. But how do I get rid of the icon. It's useless now and I don't want it on there.
Long press and drag it to the trash can.

biggdave92

Reaction score
got it. just got an update notification for 10 updates. showed up in my apps, moved to home screen.

SallyC

Reaction score
The icon and app is missing from the all applications area so I don't know how to get it back. Iam not rooted, just frustrated at my lack. Of expertise,

It sounds like there's a new icon, which I haven't gotten yet but if you press the square box on the lower right corner of the screen you should see all your apps. Do you have either an app called Market or something like Google Play or Play Store? I only have Market yet so I don't know exactly what it's called.

Papa_T

Reaction score
Or go to menu>settings>applications and find Market and select uninstall.

The app/icon doesn't show up in the list of applications. There are some items with market in the title, but none with that icon and they are all blue squares with black gears in the center.

Papa_T

Reaction score
It sounds like there's a new icon, which I haven't gotten yet but if you press the square box on the lower right corner of the screen you should see all your apps. Do you have either an app called Market or something like Google Play or Play Store? I only have Market yet so I don't know exactly what it's called.

Yes, I do have the new app within the all the other apps. The old app has always set up above the other apps in the far upper right corner. That is how I always got to the market. When you scroll through the app screens, that one always stayed on the screen. Hope I'm making sense with this.

Reaction score
Yes, I do have the new app within the all the other apps. The old app has always set up above the other apps in the far upper right corner. That is how I always got to the market. When you scroll through the app screens, that one always stayed on the screen. Hope I'm making sense with this.

The market icon you are referring to that you want to remove is built into the blur launcher by Motorola. It can not be removed and of course no longer works now that you have play store. You are stuck with it, as are the rest of us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

SallyC

Reaction score

I got the new icon /app. Went into Menu, Manage Applications and cleared data for the Market. Open it, accepted agreement. Had to do it twice but then it upgraded me to Play Store and Market disappeared from my home screen so I added the new version.

I don't know about "The old app has always set up above the other apps in the far upper right corner. " but "That is how I always got to the market. When you scroll through the app screens, that one always stayed on the screen. " sounds like it's on the bottom by your phone icon.

Long press where you want it and select Shortcut. Then select Play Store. Does that work?

Reaction score
I got the new icon /app. Went into Menu, Manage Applications and cleared data for the Market. Open it, accepted agreement. Had to do it twice but then it upgraded me to Play Store and Market disappeared from my home screen so I added the new version.

I don't know about "The old app has always set up above the other apps in the far upper right corner. " but "That is how I always got to the market. When you scroll through the app screens, that one always stayed on the screen. " sounds like it's on the bottom by your phone icon.

Long press where you want it and select Shortcut. Then select Play Store. Does that work?

No, he is talking about the Motorola built in shortcut at the tip right of the app drawer. It will not work notre and cannot be removed.

Kack

Reaction score
im rooted with cm9/ics and my market link in the upper right hand corner works after the google play install.

SallyC

Reaction score
No, he is talking about the Motorola built in shortcut at the tip right of the app drawer. It will not work notre and cannot be removed.

Ahh, okay I see it now. I never used it. Good eye!

Hopefully that will clear things up and he can just make a homepage shortcut.

Reaction score
im rooted with cm9/ics and my market link in the upper right hand corner works after the google play install.

That is because with ics the launcher is designed to point in the right direction. The moto blur launcher for stock is only looking for the app called market.