Android Market now has 30,000 to 35,000 apps

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
I'll continue the rant....

It would be really nice to be able to filter out certain crapware authors that continually flood the market with pages of apps that are completely useless to me.
I agree that some type of filtering should be implemented to help at least from displaying the pointless stuff. I'm coming at this more from the point that developers need to take responsibility for apps they provide to others to use. Putting useless stuff out only causes the developer to get a bad reputation plus contributes to a saturation of junk and if they ever did create something useful, chances are not many people will try it, because of a past of submitting junk apps.

In addition as is already being noted the Market is developing stats like 95% useless apps. Android is awesome, so why take this platform and have it start getting a bad rep in terms of the quality of apps developed for it. Hopefully by the time I've gotten myself more comfortable with Java and Android, I can contribute some useful apps that people will actually use and they will be useful!

eliwellis

Reaction score
Filters for the Market MUST happen in my opinion. I would love to be able to have control of which types of apps are in the list. For instance don't show me any sports apps, or fart apps, or big boobs apps, or game apps.....That aught to leave about what, a hundred apps to look at?

Seriously though as a developer who is about to launch an app it frustrates me greatly that my app, which I consider to be a serious app, could just get buried by a pile of useless apps that make teenagers giggle.

End of rant.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wow, 35,000... awesome... no offence to an open app market but it's too bad that like 97% of them are complete crap. (Google is great, but it needs to start working out a nice organization method because I am sick of seeing tons of crap when I search. And OK we all enjoyed 'soundboards' in our days, but please stop making them!!!)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
30,000 apps and all but 100 of them are garbage imo

It is amazing, isn't it?

What actually makes me kind of mad are people who have apps selling what the phone does natively (and probably better), or someone else has a program specifically for that or included with other functionality for free.

Reaction score
Its called droidespn. For some reason its not in market anymore. No idea why they removed it..ill show screenshots..

Do you have Astro, or some type of file explorer, that can back up apps? If you do, you could always backup this app and share the APK. I'm sure people would REALLY appreciate this. Unless of course it was a paid app.......

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know what apps I hate? The RingClips... There are SO many of them. "Get pics of [insert whatever] when the phone rings!"

I just searched for "ringclip" on Androlib and got 14 pages...

Dessert
Select Brands
Rolex YachtMaste
Funny Cat
Blue
Las Vegas Hotel
Otaku Car
Underground
AngkorWat
Akihabara Maid

That's just the first page of random crap...