Android Market not working

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Also just started working for me here.

Maybe something to do with the new Maps they pushed out today.

I was able to update other apps before I selected the Maps update and that's when everything went to poo-poo. This was earlier...

again... my updates/installs are now working thru Market.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone else have the Market start acting up right after trying to update Google Maps today?

I'm just curious because this is what happened to me and I've spoke to a few people in the last few minutes that experienced Market issues right after attempting the Google Maps update...

bastosero

Reaction score
The market seems to be back up now for me also. I updated my Google Maps and another app that needed to be updated. :)

techguru

Reaction score
I updated some apps early this morning fine. I read about the maps update and the potential market problem on Droid_life so even though I had 4 updates waiting, I only tried maps and had the problem. Then tried a different app and it froze too., so yes, it started after trying to get maps, but I am not sure if that was just coincidence.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I updated some apps early this morning fine. I read about the maps update and the potential market problem on Droid_life so even though I had 4 updates waiting, I only tried maps and had the problem. Then tried a different app and it froze too., so yes, it started after trying to get maps, but I am not sure if that was just coincidence.
I don't think it's coincidence. Everyone I've talked to that had Market issues today did so after attempting to update Maps.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love panic threads.

couldn't dl, figured market down, waited, tried an hour later, same thing. Saw threads, which confirmed it was down.

Waited another hour, downloading and installing now.... world crisis averted! :)

Patience, a lost art form in America (and the internet) ....

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had issues for a few. Last app update went through no problem.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

fallofshadows

Reaction score
Well, the market seems to be back up : D

I think we owe a big round of applause to the mods who took all of our freaked out posts and compiled them into one neat and tidy thread. Well done :icon_ banana:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the data for the marketplace?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Ireland61

Reaction score
What's with the Droid X Market?

I just downloaded the 2.2 Android upgrade for my phone, and now it says my Market is no longer installed. Has anyone got a fix, or will I have to spend an entire day on a factory reset?

blkhwk

Reaction score
happened to me....cleared data in application settings for market and its back up and running. Rooted Droid 1