Android Market "My Apps" is blank

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Ok so I found an article on android police regarding speeding up the market, which involved using an app called "setdns".

I went into the app and changed my DNS from Google 8.8.8.8 and Google 8.8.4.4 to "open dns". I didn't notice much difference so I reversed things and now every time I go into the market and check "MY Apps" there is a totally blank white screen. I can download and install from the market just fine but regardless of new installations nothing shows up in "My Apps"....what?

In my attempt to correct this frackus, my effort included the following

1. factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

2. sbf back to build 602 factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

3. take the ota to build 605 factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

4. sbf to froyo (340) factory data reset, clear cache partition, wipe dalvik

5. It is now the 3rd day and it has not fixed itself, and also to guess it may not be an issue on Google's end. I signed into my Google account on a friends thunderbolt, and low and behold there were my apps! So it is presumably an issue on my phone. or so I thought. Until now.

I am ecstatic to hear of the unfortunate events of everyone else here, but it comforts me in knowing this might be cleared up and actually fixed by somebody other than me cause I was coming up dry. I will be following this thread from this point on to see if this gets remedied.

Droid X Stock, Rooted, and running 2.3.3

Last edited:

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me on both my OG Droid and my HP Touchpad. Both are signed into the same Google account and running CyanogenMod -- so either it's a CyanogenMod problem, or it's a Google server problem with my account.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
had few emails with support this morning and after they found out I was (at that time) on ota release I never heard back.
like they WANTED to blame it on rooted/rommed unit.
time for win mobile again I am done with google

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Still not working for me, I'm seriously getting annoyed now. However on the plus side the appbrain app shows if you have updates for your insalled apps

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO!

"My toe hurts, so I'll have to hit myself in the head with a hammer to make it feel better."

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

if trying to look foolish you've done well.
when I am trying to support people I need a vendor that actually responds and google has not filled the bill.
after having to constantly deal with their ineptitude with activesync and exchange 2010 and their failures with default corporate mail app with single ssl cert autodiscover setups to have this crap happen is last straw.

psycho_maniac

Reaction score
i am also not losing my mind now. wonder wtf is going on and when we are getting a fix for this. annoying as updates are not pushed or notified to me

to make this humorous as i was readding this i was reflashing the rom and the gapps cuz i thought it was a virus or something though a recent app that i downloaded. guess not haha.

Last edited:

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry, but your reply read very humorous to me. I am an architect with a global IT corp, and find any mention of Microsoft and support in the same sentence to either be hilarious or maddening.

Just experienced a global outage of several days with Exchange across hundreds of thousands of users. Microsoft's response was: "F, I dunno!"

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
I apologize for misreading it then, but at least you have a contact.
running sbs2011 here at home (physical box) for mail for some so I am IT...literally :)
decided against hosted exchange due to the outages, tested the new online when beta and had same issue.

sorry.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i am also not losing my mind now. wonder wtf is going on and when we are getting a fix for this. annoying as updates are not pushed or notified to me

to make this humorous as i was readding this i was reflashing the rom and the gapps cuz i thought it was a virus or something though a recent app that i downloaded. guess not haha.
I replied (scathing) to the last mail they sent thanking them for actually bothering to not respond and helping me decide to not renew 30 or phones with android.
of course no reply to that either.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Suddenly missing most apps from "My Apps" section of Market - Android Market Help
Hi everyone,

We're receiving reports from some users that most apps have suddenly gone missing from the "My Apps" section of Android Market on their device. While the apps still work from the homescreen, so they're not uninstalled, it makes for a labor-intensive process to figure out if apps need updates, and we understand this is causing users some trouble.

We're aware of the issue and looking into it, so hang tight, and I'll post any updates I have here. Feel free to post reports of this issue here as well.

Best,
Heidi

well at least they acknowledge it now. so maybe in a month or so it will be fixed.

hasbrobot

Reaction score
Trust me when I say sbf ing does absolutely nothing!Read my earlier posts a couple pages back to see what I went through in my attempt top fix this. There is nothing you can do to fix it. It is in my personal opinion that it is a problem on googles end.

Last edited:

hasbrobot

Reaction score
I just found this interesting, I signed my wifes account onto my phone and her apps show up in "my apps"but when I switch back to my account. Nothing! Its on googles end, no doubt.

Skarekroh

Reaction score
I just found this interesting, I signed my wifes account onto my phone and her apps show up in "my apps"but when I switch back to my account. Nothing! Its on googles end, no doubt.

Yeah, my other google account on this phone is fine, though it doesn't have the apps I paid for, and my wife's account on her Droid 2 is fine, as well. It really sounds like the Market database has been smoking funny cigarettes.