Android Market Clear History

AndroidAppCritic

Reaction score
I'll have to look into this. Yesterday I saw a thread where someone was asking if the Droid leaves the likes of registry keys and folders, etc. lying around like apps often do on Windows.

I wouldn't think so, and that seems to be the consensus, Linux doesn't have the issues that Windows does in that regard.

However, I have noticed that some apps I have downloaded from the market, and later removed still prompt for updates available. So while this is a result of the market not the Droid's behavior necessarily it is sort of less than ideal.

Cachemate seems like a workaround. It is nice that the market keeps a download history, but the con of course is the scenario where the app has been subsequently uninstalled and w/o consulting the Droid this isn't known, so it continues to prompt for updates.

Please note that CacheMate does not remove the Market's download history. It only removes the search history. These are two different things. The former tells the Market what apps you have downloaded so it knows what to update. This is very important unless you exclusively use an app like aTrackDog to track app updates. This is not totally reliable since it gets its update information from a variety of places and it isn't always accurate. The search history is simply a record of what you type into the search box in the Market. This list can get long and even though I like it (it makes it easier for me to find apps I use search for often), others hate this record. Therefore, CacheMate provides the option to remove it. So, search history can be cleared, download history cannot. I would add the option but I think it would do more harm than good. Most people actually try to keep this record across wipes as it's usually very valuable information.

allblacksaint

Reaction score
I found a way to...there's an app called history eraser the icon is a glass, download it...theres an option that says Google apps, tap it and you'll see market history, tap it then tap done...IT WORKS

idpay2cthat

Reaction score
Wow... This thread's been around since Feb, and another newbie finally brought up history eraser? lol I've had it for about 2 months now. You show 'em saint!

AaronJr

Reaction score
Refine Efficiency (http://refineandroid.doodlekit.com/)

Check Refine Efficiency: Refine Efficiency - RefineAndroid : powered by Doodlekit

Fast, Simple utility:
- market history cleaner;
- cache cleaner (root and non root(individually));
- task killer;
- start up manager (bootable apps are highlighted);
- strong scheduling features.
Also browser history cleaner.