Android Market- Beautiful Widgets

dard12

Reaction score
Well somehow in the process of all my installing of ROMs and wiping of cache/data I've managed to somehow make the Android market forget that I had purchased Beautiful Widgets. Yes, I do still have the app on my phone, but there is an update available today and when I tell it to update it takes me to the Buy Now page with my credit card info already in place as if I had never purchased the app before.

What do I do to go about correcting this issue?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've not had that problem. Not sure how to advise. However, if you still have the email confirmation re your purchase perhaps you can send back to Google and ask for assistance.

Mike

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Well somehow in the process of all my installing of ROMs and wiping of cache/data I've managed to somehow make the Android market forget that I had purchased Beautiful Widgets. Yes, I do still have the app on my phone, but there is an update available today and when I tell it to update it takes me to the Buy Now page with my credit card info already in place as if I had never purchased the app before.

How did you restore Beautiful Widgets after installing the ROM? If you installed it from the SD card with something like Astro then that breaks the market link and the market no longer knows you downloaded it form there. Try uninstalling it (after saving the apk just in case) and then try re-downloading it from the market.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
I just checked and the email is not there anymore.

Surely there is another way to get a refund of some sort or something. I'm not paying the $2 again.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score

How did you restore Beautiful Widgets after installing the ROM? If you installed it from the SD card with something like Astro then that breaks the market link and the market no longer knows you downloaded it form there. Try uninstalling it (after saving the apk just in case) and then try re-downloading it from the market.

I used Titanium Backup.

I tried your suggestion and it doesn't recognize that I've purchased the app and is telling me that I must purchase it.

Surely my credit card is in the system. I thought my google account saved all purchases I made....

Sigh.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just checked and the email is not there anymore.

Surely there is another way to get a refund of some sort or something. I'm not paying the $2 again.

How much is your time worth? Anything?

Yes?

I don't understand the question.

Uh, wouldn't you be better off simply paying $2 rather than trying so desperately to find a way to correct a problem you caused?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It might be a market error with your ROM...flash another one and see if that works.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes?

I don't understand the question.

Uh, wouldn't you be better off simply paying $2 rather than trying so desperately to find a way to correct a problem you caused?

No.
I'm entitled to something I've purchased. I see no reason to have to purchase it again.

Your call. Considering that, as you said, you've managed to break the link with the market, it strikes me that you bear the responsibility. But if you value your time so minimally, go for it.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
It's not time consuming if all it takes is a simple sit and wait for the developer to respond/fix the issue.

Now if it is something more time consuming, then yes I may consider repurchasing(if an update is that substantial), but with what I have now I believe it will be fine.

I was just curious to if this issue has occured before and if there was a quick fix.

As for the guy suggesting about flashing a new ROM I'll try that because I've done multiple roms and haven't had the issue till yesterday. I'll wait till I find the rom I like.

CatsTide

Reaction score

No.
I'm entitled to something I've purchased. I see no reason to have to purchase it again.

Your call. Considering that, as you said, you've managed to break the link with the market, it strikes me that you bear the responsibility. But if you value your time so minimally, go for it.
no need to be condescending...if it were me i would be trying to figure it out too. you don't want to have to keep repurchasing apps that you have already bought.

metasin

Reaction score
Your purchase history is stored on the web. If you sign in on the Google home page then go to settings>checkout>home you should see all your purchases with a brief summary. Not sure if it will help but it is worth a shot.

OP
dard12

dard12

Reaction score
I just did what you said and all I'm seeing is the purchase I made for setCPU. Perhaps I've got another google account that I made the purchases with?

It's worth looking in to. Thanks for the reply.