Android Malware increasing

Reaction score
Just got done reading this article from PCworld. You may or may not have already seen it but I figured I wouls share it since all android users should be aware of what's going on with their mobile OS of choice. Sounds like anti-virus apps may actually become useful. Of course for now, as long as you don't download anything you aren't sure about, which most of us should be smart enough not to do, then we will be ok, but malware creators always seem to find a way in to at least some systems. Anyways, here's the link - http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/226193/android_malware_sees_explosive_growth.html

Posted Using My Droid X running GB Rooted

bobAbooey

Reaction score
Wasn't the goal of the last outbreak to gain root access? If I read that right, then we would have to allow access to the root. I could be way off though.

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Yawn.....another report from a company that SELLS antivirus software. Shocking.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Wasn't aware they sold antvirus software. But you never know, this could become a real problem in the future.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Wasn't the goal of the last outbreak to gain root access? If I read that right, then we would have to allow access to the root. I could be way off though.

No, those gained root access, you didn't have to allow it.

iamkimosabi

Reaction score
Crazy days these days. I wander why apple doesn't have much of a malware problem.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Yawn.....another report from a company that SELLS antivirus software. Shocking.

Wasn't aware they sold antvirus software. But you never know, this could become a real problem in the future.

The article is referencing a study compiled by Kapersky...maker of Kapersky Antivirus software...

Crazy days these days. I wander why apple doesn't have much of a malware problem.

I myself wander around the house, stop, and wonder why people often mistake the word "wander" for "wonder"...boggles the mind it does. :)

But, to answer your question, its simple...and as stated in the article you didnt read...Apple has a very stringent Developer Program, whereas Google/Android basically has no reigns at all on the Devs and their releases to the marketplace.