Android M Rumors Abound, Native Fingerprint Authentication To Be Built In

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It feels like Lollipop just released. For many devices it has just released, and then there is still the 90% of Android devices that have still yet to receive the Lollipop update. With Google I/O right around the corner Android M rumors are already starting to spill out. Buzzfeed and Ars Technica are both reporting that fingerprint scanners could become supported hardware in stock Android. Motorola has said that the Nexus 6 was supposed to have a fingerprint scanner. It would be nice to see the next Nexus devices sporting fingerprint scanners. This is a feature that I have really become fond of in the Galaxy S6. There will probably be a preview build of Android M at Google I/O so I suppose we will see if it includes support for fingerprint scanners soon enough.

via Buzzfeed

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Lol they're including fp scanners so they can just eliminate a step in catching ppl, they'll already have your prints... Think about it, you know I'm right... Lol

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sheesh, REALLY DMX?! You HAD to remind us about "Android M" ? ....sigh.... ok, bring on the "Where is my Android M" threads!
(sarcasm) lol

S5 tap'n

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey if dmx didn't post it I was going to.

In fact I came on here to see if it was posted.

Now with that said, how will this work with previous nexus devices, and does this mean google will be going back to hardware buttons?

Reactions: cr6

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
... So when do I get Android M on the G2? ;)

on the move..

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Will I get M on my Turbo? Anyone know?
;)
In some sense you should, since I believe google wants devices supported throughout a 2 year contract. Will it happen, ask Verizon and Motorola, I could think Verizon is being a bigger anchor than Motorola, but both would point fingers at the other.

My hopes for this update is bug fixes, and more material design updates. I really think Google has a leg up on the Material design vs iOS design. With phones being as powerful as they are, I like the little details, like the settings icon rolling when pulling down the quick settings bar, the floating button effects, the cards. I really think they have a good thing going with it. Pushing more developers to the Material standards for a unifying experience would be great.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I like the little details, like the settings icon rolling when pulling down the quick settings bar, the floating button effects, the cards. I really think they have a good thing going with it.

I haven't actually played with L much, but I agree. That's one of the things I think Apple screwed up. As I always say, I like all tech.
I absolutely loved the (what I called) "little touches" in iOS7 that got scrapped in iOS8. Like deleting a picture from the Photo Roll. It would shrink down in kind of a swoop motion into the trash can. Those little effects were SO sweet. And they ditched almost all of them with 8.
Nice to see Goog add some of those.