Android M preview thoughts from the members of DroidForum

Caesars

Reaction score
One year updates seemingly make the most sense, something has to me new for me as a consumer to stay interested.

Google nexus phones probably have close to a 100% adoption rate, I blame the networks and manufacturers :(.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I only blame the Manufacturers.
They choose not to roll out a new version. No one else.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Preview 2 should be making its way to Google's servers soon.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tossed ANdroid M on my Nexus 6, and it was nice enough, but there are some bugs in it...

A lot of us were having issues with the mic not working properly after setting up Google Now. It messed something up and then audio playback was broken, all crackly and stuff, I had to roll back to Lollipop, twice...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
However long it takes to release a bug free version. If they can do it in 1 year, do it that year. If it takes 2 years to get the kinks out, then I'm fine with that.
As Jonny pointed out, devices get 2 updates at most. A buggy one as the final one sucks. My Note8 is stuck on 4.3 forever without me hacking into it so I'm stuck with the no sd card manipulating with aftermarket apps bug forever. My Note2 never even got 4.2, much less any newer so it's stuck in a fairly good update forever. My G2 got 5.0.1 last night as its second update so.
My Inc1 was a phone that lived up to its name until it got Gingerbread then was abandoned forever. It's a boot loop paper weight now. My Rezound got it's last update that turned it from a battery hog to herd of battery hogs that has horrible reception to boot and then abandoned. It ain't even useful in airplane mode due to battery usage everywhere else.
My Note4 will probably get the first rendition of M then Samsung will abandon it so I hope they get the bugs out before I'm stuck with M1 forever

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Has anyone ever released a perfectly bug free version of Android? Hell no. So just throw it out there already. :D

And before ANYBODY replies with "xxx phone got Android xxx back in #### and it was bug free!!!"
Yea, maybe for YOU! But I guarantee it caused bugs for someone.

Such is life.

Release the hounds!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has anyone ever released a perfectly bug free version of Android? Hell no. So just throw it out there already. :D

And before ANYBODY replies with "xxx phone got Android xxx back in #### and it was bug free!!!"

Such is life.

Release the hounds!
*throws steak to distract the hounds.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Such is life.

Release the hounds!

My youngest hound reaction

Yep, no argument there

Tapped from a Nexus 6

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
They should just give us Nandroids. Apple has it so why won't Google stop side stepping it?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also was getting FC's when phone calls came in, the dialer would crash, and my banking app would just FC as soon as I logged in.

This preview definitely needs some work, not a good daily driver yet. hopefully Rev 2 will be better...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
They should just give us Nandroids. Apple has it so why won't Google stop side stepping it?
Really? Nanapple?
0EGnhI6.jpg

C'mon, you know most of us wouldn't know what to do with the "perfect" phone....our brains would implode.
The Forum Foundry certainly wouldn't be the same awesome place it is today.....so, many of you would be spending obscene amounts of time trolling Facebook (you know who you are!), some would be spending unhealthy amounts of time on pRon sites, and the rest would be curled up in a corner somewhere rocking back & forth while smiling uncontrollably and reciting a list of daily affirmations, all the while wondering how your device could possibly get any better with another OS update.
Jessica's "Daily Affirmation":
Carry on......