Android Lollipop Continues to Have Battery Drain Issues at the Android Issue Tracker Website

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-Battery-sick.jpg

Since its release in May, Android Lollipop has had a rough time of it. The 5.x version of Android has been one of Google's buggiest releases yet. There's one particular issue that has plagued a number of users, and continues to do so, battery drain problems.

Checking Google's Android Issue Tracker website, we see that users are still experiencing this issue, straight up to several reports even today. The problem apparently occurs on multiple different devices which have been upgraded to Lollipop, so it isn't specific to a single device.

Here at HQ, none of us have experienced this problem with any of our Lollipop equipped phones, but apparently there are hundreds of folks out there who have. It looks like the problem is not widespread enough to be a huge stain on the OS, but that is little comfort to folks who are experiencing it. It must be frustrating for Google to track down such a persnickety problem...

Source: Android Issue Tracker

R

RETG

My drain on my LG G3 was about 20 percent greater after update to 5.0.1. On my new Turbo (updated to 5.1 yesterday when received), I have nothing to compare to; however, I have not used the phone, it has been unplugged for four hours and it is down to 89 percent. Not impressed.

realged13

Reaction score
My turbo is still running good. With moderate use I can go about a day and half till it is completely dead.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I had bad drain after updating initially on my Z3. Not so much anymore. Well not after rooting, installing Xposed and Amplify module.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, using the G2 with stock Lollipop was a joke. AOSP is a little better, but still doesn't compare to Kitkat.

on the move..

kinfolk248

Reaction score
LP battery life downright sux, dont even try to sugar coat it. Project Volta is a fail so far in my book. Google added all these extras and changes to the code and LP is not as good as KK. But thats just me...

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was afraid when I upgraded from a 3 year old RAZR Maxx to my Note4 last Dec that I would not enjoy a similar battery experience, but I was wrong and was thrilled with my new Note4.
Sadly, the update to Lollipop ruined the experience. My battery life stinks since the update. I did the cache clear several times, and I've done the factory reset twice, but it still drops way too fast. I can somedays see a 8% loss in the first hour without even using it.
Yesterday my wife and were together all day. At noon my battery was at 62% and her Note4 was at 94% with very similar useage.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk