Android laggy problems explained in detail...

OP
pilot25

pilot25

Reaction score
So the question is, at what point does hardware catch up to software so it's smooth like iOS or will hardware always be behind.

Another way to think about it is, you can tax the hardware as much as you want with Android to the point where you can't stand it anymore. Doesn't matter how great the hardware gets, there will always be that point where its had enough and is bogged down. Knowing what you can stand vs what someone else can is a great bonus. Versus iOS where you don't have that option because the software won't let you.

This is what differentiates an "Apple person" vs. and "Android person." Having the knowledge of what is behind the OS and using it to your advantage vs it telling you how to use it. I personally love the smooth as silk movements of iphone but don't like it's limitations. If I can just limit myself, now the hardware is catching up, I'll have the same silky smoothness I'm looking for.

GoBears

Reaction score
Well after trading my bionic for an iPhone4, I can certainly say that IOS is not always smooth and lag free either. As a matter of fact, once I jailbroke it and started enabling features that Android has natively, it lags down just as much. Android FTW.

Cbass057

Reaction score
Interesting read. It sounds like devs could tweak the priorities so there would be a little less lag at least...hmmmmm....