Android keyboard has stopped

Reaction score
My main rom that I use is CM10, but when I try to use a different rom such as king kang or paranoid android, they all flash fine until they boot up and display the same message on every single rom, "Unfortunately, Android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped." this has been a consistent issue with every rom that I try. I've tried using previous versions of roms and previous versions of gapps and nothing seems to work. If anybody knows whats going on please let me know!

OP
christianstudebaker
Reaction score
UPDATE: I tried reflashing the king-kang rom. Went through recovery in this order: Wipe data/ factory reset, install zip from sd card (kign-kang rom), installed zip from sd card (gapps-jb-20121011), wiped cache, and rebooted. The only difference was wiping cache after installing rom rather than before, and it booted into the setup menu rather than straight to the homepage (which I thought was weird that it booted into the homepage first). Now rom is running fine and with no problems, however, being an engineering student I would like to know why it did it in the first place.

jiggyb21

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if you ever found out why this was happening to you....it's happening to me trying to install cm 10 m2 on my Verizon s3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
You should always wipe the dalvik and cache before and after flashing a ROM... Wiping it before clears it of garbage from the previous ROM and wiping it after will clear anything up that the DEV may have accidently left behind.... For instance some DEVS actually adb pull the system from their phone to send it out in their release.... Sounds like that has something to do with it.. That would also explain why it booted to the setup menu rather than just to the home screen..... What recovery are you using it may also be an issue with how that is wiping.... But I think it is more with the DEVS you are using ROM's from are pulling the System or leaving stuff behind when they release it... Nothing wrong with what they are doing in any way.... But as a general rule I wipe both cache and dalvik after every flash.... I also recommend people do it with all of my builds.