Android issues

samhum

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue - the home screen no longer changes orientation from portrait to landscape unless I open the phone to display the keyboard. All other screens change orientation automatically when I rotate the phone. I'm pretty sure the home screen did rotate when I first got the phone. Is this a phone, software or operator issue?

Stigy

Reaction score
The home screen does not rotate on stock firmware with the stock home application ... never did.

BryAnDROID

Reaction score
Oh yeah, my camera's clicking like crazy and won't focus on the BarCode Scanner program.

I too thought that the focus was going crazy on the barcode scanner app as well as the shopsavvy app. but it still works like a charm and my guess is that is the way its supposed to be, to me it's like the program's way of refreshing the image every time to get a proper scan, rather than being constantly on and getting a dead scan? i dont know if that makes any sense or if it causes more confusion, but just know that it does the same thing (focusing) for me as well but the program works like a charm!

noles200

Reaction score
The home screen doesn't rotate.. Never has.. And never will unless they make it to where it does.

This is true of the mighty iPhone too, no? Also, with the shade I wouldn't want it to rotate. Further, if I put widgets on the home screens wouldn't they get all frigged up if you tried to rotate it?

I'll admit I don't know if these are the right answers as I don't own the iPhone and have yet to own an Android based phone but I don't see what the big deal is.

Stigy

Reaction score
The home screen doesn't rotate.. Never has.. And never will unless they make it to where it does.

This is true of the mighty iPhone too, no? Also, with the shade I wouldn't want it to rotate. Further, if I put widgets on the home screens wouldn't they get all frigged up if you tried to rotate it?

I'll admit I don't know if these are the right answers as I don't own the iPhone and have yet to own an Android based phone but I don't see what the big deal is.

No because the home screen will rotate WITH the keyboard open. None of my widgets get messed up, but the background looks a bit weird.

I don't see a need or a reason for the home screen to rotate.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score

No because the home screen will rotate WITH the keyboard open. None of my widgets get messed up, but the background looks a bit weird.

I don't see a need or a reason for the home screen to rotate.

Not a big deal really, but I read on another thread on this forum that turning that orientation option OFF allowed the home screen to rotate.

So if you haven't already, try both the on/off options just to make sure.

I don't really see much of a need to rotate the home screen, but I wouldn't complain if it was added as an option.

Also, when testing if the screen rotates, make sure to hold the phone so that the screen is facing out/vertical (not directly up or down) because you know that rotation sensor doesnt work well at all when phones are level/flat.

rlivin

Reaction score
The home screens did rotate into landscape mod until a few days ago. they must have sent something down to change it. check the video out on the motorola page if you dont believe me. mine did it and hundreds more. now it will no go into landscape mode for the home screen, phone, contacts