1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

"Android is Upgrading - Starting Application screen"

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Roms' started by Sobr0801, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Sobr0801

Sobr0801 New Member

Hashcode,

Have you heard of this problem happening to people flashing ICS on the bionic and during bootup freezing at this screen. Me and another guy have come to the conclusion that it happens for something to do with the front facing camera forceclosing during initial setup. Is there anything short or replacing the camera that we can do to get around this?

Thanks,

Sobr0801
  2. Psychlone

Psychlone New Member

I had the same issue with every version of CM9 on my Bionic... but mine didn't have anything to do with the FFC to my knowledge. Mine ALWAYS happened after toggling WiFi and the phone would reboot itself and go straight to "Starting Applications".

To this day, I can replicate it any time I desire to be without a phone for 20 minutes, but have never found the answer. For me I don't care though - I've had it with the Bionic, and after having 3 of them now due to loss of data, wifi problems and random reboots, I've been upgraded to a Razr Maxx.

I do, however, hope that Hashcode0f chimes in with something - I know it's more than just 3 users, and I'm SURE that he's the one to answer it.

Good luck!
  3. Sobr0801

Sobr0801 New Member

Found out more

Thanks Phychlone. Gapps force closes upon boot-up and not the camera. The camera just doesn't work at all. I got it to boot again yesterday, but once again it just freezes upon reboot.
Search tags for this page

android is upgrading

android is upgrading every boot

android is upgrading starting applications

android is upgrading starting applications every boot
android is upgrading starting applications every reboot
android is upgrading starting applications stuck

android is upgrading starting apps

android is upgrading starting apps every boot
android is upgrading starting apps stuck
android upgrading starting apps
how to remove android is upgrading