Android is losing

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by jeffv2, Mar 11, 2011.

1. fox_dye

fox_dye Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have read through most of this thread and I got to say I learned a lot. I got to give it to apple for their marketing strategies and how they have built their mobile platform. I didn't know that you could do so much on the actual device. Now I won't make fun of my wife for wanting one anymore. As I see it it will just be another tech toy for me to play with (while she is sleeping of course). But given androids youth and it's rapid growth since the launch of the D1 I think if anyone can catch apple it will be android. But only if they stop the fragmentation. I have had 3 android phones all with vastly different experiences. It would be nice to see android go unskined on all devices with sense, touch-wiz, and blur being available in the market as device specific downloads. This would help get control of the fragmentation of android as all updates could come straight from google. Can't really complain about Apple as my 4 year old has an itouch and I play with it all the time. Have yet to find a problem with it. I might hack it for fun. If it's cool with him. Either way I got to agree with the op android needs to step up its game and take control of their os as they are on a slippery slope and losing to Apple at least in the ease of use and hacking point of veiw. Great thing about Apple is every device on the same os can be hacked in the same if not similar ways. Unlike android where the developers have to jump through hoops for each new device that comes out. Great thread by the way it was an awesome read. You mods should pull some of this stuff and put together a book. I'd buy it

Sent from a galaxy far far away........

2. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is tapatalk the same?

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Tapatalk acts basically the same on the iPhone but there are a few differences. Mainly in the layout and how you access things on it. Same functions, same options, just go about them differently. That's the primary difference between common apps on Apple and Android. Primarily comes in with the single home button on the iPhone compared to the menu button on our Android devices.

4. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I agree, there is a thread on the macforums where people show their iphone 'desktop', and its pretty amazing the customizations you can do, and the possibilities with a jailbroken iphone. the ease of use is also definitely a reason why so many mods exist for it...

i'm chugging along on my D1 as well, and will probably stick with a moto LTE phone on my upgrade, but the iphone5 is definitely going to be something to look at

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Yup, I have to admit, if the iPhone 5 has the setup I'm hearing, it's going to be stout. It's looking like the dual core 4" is going to be about a lock with the biggest up in the air item being if the home button goes away. I don't see any way in the world this iteration will be LTE. They will be inviting too much trouble since LTE is still so new.

6. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    yeah true, LTE would probably be something apple wants to look at carefully and not rush just to make a couple of extra sales (see millions, LOL).

there were some rumors about different models of the iPhone a while ago. like one with a keyboard, one with a larger or smaller screen or something...was all that just rumor? i know apple doesnt comment on stuff like that, but has anyone heard anymore rumors like that?

7. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +20
    Everything I've heard indicates the different models are just a rumor. Especially the keyboard one. Keyboard really is not a huge option on phones now as far as a selling point, especially for Apple. They might do different models, but I really don't see it. And they usually are late adopters rather than early as it helps them keep as much "polish" as possible with their devices, as in, the least amount of possibility of errors and problems to tarnish their image. Not a dumb move at all.

8. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    yeah i figured as much, and yeah nothing wrong with being a little late to the party if your product outshines the early comers. iphone5 will definitely be a great product, i just hope that the android devices coming this summer are as good...

9. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I saw a iPhone clone on YouTube it's called sophone, it runs on android and it looks alot like miui. But I must say it's probably the best clone of anything I've ever seen.. Just thought I'd share :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page

lg vortex keeps losing conection