Android is losing

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Kept seeing this thread pop up so I had to add my 2 cents.

1. My droid runs very smooth. VERY smooth. Just as smooth as an iphone. I like my droid, so I won't be getting an iphone.

2. @jeffv2 and any other iphone supporters - let's not forget that this is Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid & Android Phones - Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Incredible and more. if you really want to talk up your iphone, do it on a forum of iphone owners that want to hear it.

That is all.

Haha while i agree with # 1, #2 is off. Lol its a tech site. Intellectual debates are necessary. Its like a baseball site, if the D-backs have a forum you know their will be some team debates but its fair game becuase its still bout baseball. Same game on this site. :p its fun debating anyway. :)

Understood. Just throwing in my 2 cents is all, just like the rest of you.

@ jkhonea, I don't think I was out of line...(?) And by "that is all" I meant that is all I want to say on the subject. I'm out of it now.

That's fine if you just meant that was all you had to say. That wasn't how it came across. It is very possible to have very good conversations about both of these devices on a forum without animosity coming out. If I see signs of anything that could be animosity or misinterpreted, I address them. If I misunderstood you I apologize. Like i said, your post just came off different.

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I too am voicing my opinion, but seriously this needs to stop now. This thread has survived hundreds of post and very few posts have been removed as far as I can remember. Back to the topic at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
iOS to android is like comparing a apple to a potato. The two are so different and people like them differently. Apple is of course the apple being beautiful but also there is only a few ways to consume it... A potato which is really ugly can be made into anything, Like android.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Haha while i agree with # 1, #2 is off. Lol its a tech site. Intellectual debates are necessary. Its like a baseball site, if the D-backs have a forum you know their will be some team debates but its fair game becuase its still bout baseball. Same game on this site. :p its fun debating anyway. :)

@ jkhonea, I don't think I was out of line...(?) And by "that is all" I meant that is all I want to say on the subject. I'm out of it now.

That's fine if you just meant that was all you had to say. That wasn't how it came across. It is very possible to have very good conversations about both of these devices on a forum without animosity coming out. If I see signs of anything that could be animosity or misinterpreted, I address them. If I misunderstood you I apologize. Like i said, your post just came off different.

Thank you for clarifying. I also apologize for what appeared to be myself as coming across the wrong way. That's the hard thing about reading text, its always hard to interpret connotative meaning. No hard feelings. Carry on.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Thank you for clarifying. I also apologize for what appeared to be myself as coming across the wrong way. That's the hard thing about reading text, its always hard to interpret connotative meaning. No hard feelings. Carry on.

Yeah, that really is the rough part of forums. Without being able to see and hear first hand, it really is hard to gauge intentions. Thanks for bearing through. And honestly, I value all all opinions. All technologies could and should learn and grown from each others influence. That truly is the name of the survive game in the technological field.

Tanks everyone for holding good. Let's keep a great thread going.

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Very good point. I also believe that competition in technology is what keeps the gears turning. If it wasn't for Android and Apple (as well as Microsoft, RIM, etc.) pushing each other constantly, then I think that there wouldn't be as much innovation as there is. I think that it's because each company wants to be better than the rest, that it really pushes them to come out with the latest and greatest features.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
On that note, I'm off to work on my writing for a bit. Since I think we are all back on the same page, lets get back to our topic at hand. Everyone is doing a beautiful job keeping it together. Keep on going to it. Loving seeing the dialogue on both sides.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Very good point. I also believe that competition in technology is what keeps the gears turning. If it wasn't for Android and Apple (as well as Microsoft, RIM, etc.) pushing each other constantly, then I think that there wouldn't be as much innovation as there is. I think that it's because each company wants to be better than the rest, that it really pushes them to come out with the latest and greatest features.

Bingo, you've got it. Well, except for the Windows and Crackberry part. I keed, I keed. LOL

b-jammin21

Reaction score

Bingo, you've got it. Well, except for the Windows and Crackberry part. I keed, I keed. LOL

LOL that's why they got the parentheses....haha

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I know one of my friends has an iPhone 4 and quite honestly I was kind of blown away by the stuff he could do with it. Part of it probably has to do with the fact that all the developers are working on one device, but they probably also have more developers too. Both have their strong points, it's too bad they can't be combined for one superphone lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I know one of my friends has an iPhone 4 and quite honestly I was kind of blown away by the stuff he could do with it. Part of it probably has to do with the fact that all the developers are working on one device, but they probably also have more developers too. Both have their strong points, it's too bad they can't be combined for one superphone lol.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's exactly why, I think the number of jailbroken iPhones is in the millions, well that's the number that cydia claims.

The amount of rooted android users is a lot less. Plus you have the people that root only for tethering.
But the developer base for the iPhone is much greater.

illmatic636

Reaction score
I too am voicing my opinion, but seriously this needs to stop now. This thread has survived hundreds of post and very few posts have been removed as far as I can remember. Back to the topic at hand.

Jeff, you say when iPhone 5 comes out, your buying it. But you show that your device is a iPhone 4. How are you getting all these upgrades? If you don't ming me asking.

Are you happy with it? Even though it's on 3G and no Data/voice simultaneously?

Thanks

markwebb

Reaction score
Interesting thread. Whether Iphone or Android is better than the other is a matter of personal opinion.

I FIRMLY believe there CANNOT be ONE smartphone. Competition must exist...and it is healthy.

I don't own an Iphone and I can't predict if I ever will. Like others, I don't like relying on Itunes "controlling" my life and downloads.

I can't even say I want an Iphone 5 because it doesn't "exist" yet. That decision will come after it is released.

Conversely, I anticipate newer Android phones.

Until then, I am enjoying my unlocked, rooted, pure Google Droid 1 and all of the ROM's, themes and kernels offered by the developers. :)

Last edited:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Interesting thread. Whether Iphone or Android is better than the other is a matter of personal opinion.

I FIRMLY believe there CANNOT be ONE smartphone. Competition must exist...and it is healthy.

I don't own an Iphone and I can't predict if I ever will. Like others, I don't like relying on Itunes "controlling" my life and downloads.

I can't even say I want an Iphone 5 because it doesn't "exist" yet. That decision will come after it is released.

Conversely, I anticipate newer Android phones.

Until then, I am enjoying my unlocked, rooted, pure Google Droid 1 and all of the ROM's, themes and kernels offered by the developers. :)

Very good summary.

Thanks everyone again for actually keeping this thread on topic and clear. I really appreciate it. It's been great to see the differing viewpoints without the flaming.