Android is losing

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The only aspect of iOS that cannot be nodded too much is the kernel, but even that still happens with jailbreaks. And as far as editing android goes one needs to know java to make it "how they want" iOS has such a developer base that everything imaginable has been made and more stuff beyond imagination comes out on repos everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
And if there both equally customizable then why not go for the more stable and smooth device (iPhone).

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
And if there both equally customizable then why not go for the more stable and smooth device (iPhone).

Each person will always have differing tastes. Nature of the beast. To me, each technology has benefits and detriments. Windows and Crackberry having more detriments than most. :rofl2:

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only aspect of iOS that cannot be nodded too much is the kernel, but even that still happens with jailbreaks. And as far as editing android goes one needs to know java to make it "how they want" iOS has such a developer base that everything imaginable has been made and more stuff beyond imagination comes out on repos everyday.

I am not arguing with your statements, I am just curious as to what you mean by everything imaginable? What can the iPhone do that Android can't. Again not calling you out I am just truly curious.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

I am not arguing with your statements, I am just curious as to what you mean by everything imaginable? What can the iPhone do that Android can't. Again not calling you out I am just truly curious.

I need to find one of my threads on IncFor. We had an absolutely awesome Android-iPhone thread. And I'm serious. 24 pages or so with no flaming at all. One of my very tech savvy mods picked up an iPhone 4 after his Inc and jailbroke it top to bottom. I have to admit, I was very impressed with what he was able to do. He went into great detail. Since the iPhone in our house belongs to my wife, I tread carefully on that area and tend to stick to my Android so as not to irritate her. :D

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Kept seeing this thread pop up so I had to add my 2 cents.

1. My droid runs very smooth. VERY smooth. Just as smooth as an iphone. I like my droid, so I won't be getting an iphone.

2. @jeffv2 and any other iphone supporters - let's not forget that this is www.DROIDforums.net. if you really want to talk up your iphone, do it on a forum of iphone owners that want to hear it.

That is all.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's where you're wrong, apps on android edit files that can be done by hand.

"Almost no app can add a different status bar "
Thats untrue... while i cant name it at this moment (left phone in car) their is an app that lets me theme anything i want.... it requires Busybox, ill grab my phone in a little while and say the name. You just downlad the them and can install the status bar individually and theme various apps.

or catch a double tapp of any button and launch an app or do something depending on what app you have open
im unsure of whats catching a double tapp means so ... i cant really get what your saying here.

"From a completely different standpoint idevices have a ful apt system and have almost every executable from sudo to make and cross compiling tools.
Let's see android get those"
Haha, i'm no programmer but you made that sound cool. Sounds fansy enough for me to believe it but i still disagree about the customizing.

Reply in your area. (have to post 10 char apparently)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

1. My droid runs very smooth. VERY smooth. Just as smooth as an iphone. I like my droid, so I won't be getting an iphone.

2. @jeffv2 and any other iphone supporters - let's not forget that this is Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid & Android Phones - Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Incredible and more. if you really want to talk up your iphone, do it on a forum of iphone owners that want to hear it.

That is all.

Actually, I have a say so on when that is all. I will call the thread done when I call it done. Nothing has been said out of the way, in fact, everyone has been very mature and informative about this subject. I am so sick of this garbage about not being able to talk about Apple on Android boards and vice versa. It's time to grow up.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am gonna have to do some research. Don't get me wrong, as of now you would have to pull my OG droid from my dead hands if you wanted it but I would definitely be interested in an iPhone if I found out it can be modded pretty deep. I have an upgrade just sitting on my account waiting to be used on the next phone I have to have but I also have another one coming in November so I can waste one if I need to :)

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Well for one the gingerbread off animations were on the iPhone before it was even on the nexus s,
With stock launcher the size & amount of icons can be customized, so many themes on cydia you can't possibly view them all in a life time. Button sequences to open apps and preform tasks can be changed at anytime. Not to mention all the system apps are more feature rich, even the iPhone tapatalk is 100x better then the android version

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

2. @jeffv2 and any other iphone supporters - let's not forget that this is Droid Forum - Covering all Verizon Droid & Android Phones - Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Incredible and more. if you really want to talk up your iphone, do it on a forum of iphone owners that want to hear it.

That is all.

Haha while i agree with # 1, #2 is off. Lol its a tech site. Intellectual debates are necessary. Its like a baseball site, if the D-backs have a forum you know their will be some team debates but its fair game becuase its still bout baseball. Same game on this site. :p its fun debating anyway. :)

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

2. @jeffv2 and any other iphone supporters - let's not forget that this is www.DROIDforums.net. if you really want to talk up your iphone, do it on a forum of iphone owners that want to hear it.

That is all.

Let's not forget this is an off topic thread And this thread is over a few months old.

at one point I too thought my droid was all that.

b-jammin21

Reaction score

That is all.

Haha while i agree with # 1, #2 is off. Lol its a tech site. Intellectual debates are necessary. Its like a baseball site, if the D-backs have a forum you know their will be some team debates but its fair game becuase its still bout baseball. Same game on this site. :p its fun debating anyway. :)

Understood. Just throwing in my 2 cents is all, just like the rest of you.

@ jkhonea, I don't think I was out of line...(?) And by "that is all" I meant that is all I want to say on the subject. I'm out of it now.

OP
jeffv2

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Your 2 cents can turn a topic from a serious intellectual conversation into topic that gets closed due to the amount of negative posts.

Controversial topics need to be treated as such and people need to watch what they say before things get out of hand

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Your 2 cents can turn a topic from a serious intellectual conversation into topic that gets closed due to the amount of negative posts.

Controversial topics need to be treated as such and people need to watch what they say before things get out of hand

Woah woah woah now. I was about to get out of this and leave it be but since when am I unable to voice my opinion? My comments weren't "intellectual" enough for you?

Look, I said my piece and stood corrected by a polite ilikemoneygreen. I don't understand what you mean by watch what I say. Did I break any forum policy? Did I offend anyone? I don't understand. Maybe my opinion didn't fit right into line where you were making arguements, but I also wasn't going to read thru dozens of pages of posts before I thought I could voice my opinion.