android incredible email client sucks - google learn from apple

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by qwerty53, May 15, 2010.

1. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

hi,
    it is really sad that google can release the phone without proper testing why there are 2 clients and each of them has its own problems.
    I use gmail only. On gmail client when I read unread email it is not synced with the server.
    So on pc I see it still unread.
    With the general client I cannot easilyjust ny scrolling see more emails.
    In order to disable notification I need to go to the gmail client to do it although there is an option in the general too.
    Also on the general there is an option to refresh when I go to a folser. This does not work.
    Google at least email you could get right.
    I would love if someone pointed me at my mistakes.
  2. gonnadie4thegov

gonnadie4thegov New Member

phone just released, let them work out the bugs. All smart phones have their flaws at launch. That is just your incredible not android as a whole, my droid has never had that problem. Im sure google will fix it
  3. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

Oh give me a break. My touch first generation never had a single bug.
    And is there a place were I should report bugs?
  4. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

give me a break

Oh give me a break. My touch first generation never had a single bug.
    And is there a place were I should report bugs?
  5. carbonnoid

carbonnoid New Member

maybe you should go and return that and get an iphone.
  6. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Play nice in here boys and girls, or we might have to put you in time out.
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

HTC released it not google. ***** to them.

Or download K-9 Mail.

8. ExactDroid

ExactDroid New Member

If you need help post up your troubles.... and you will get a solution.

I think the email is the best one yet on android.

what are your troubles?
  9. ExactDroid

ExactDroid New Member

p.s. this should be in the droid incredible section too.... :)
  10. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

Please read my message
  11. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Good call!
  12. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I think k9 rocks. I would prefer google got the OS right. Stuff like the email client is the domain of app developers.
  13. ExactDroid

ExactDroid New Member

Here is your post... I still can't deciphere what your issues are... other then maybe one of them

Gmail sync.... it should be syncing properly as it works perfect on mine.

Refreshing when you go to a folder is only for exchange... I'm not sure if you are using exchange or not as you haven't told us.

Anything else?

What is this? "With the general client I cannot easilyjust ny scrolling see more emails."

I have no clue what you are trying to say on that one.
  14. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Weird I've had HUGE HEADACHES when trying to configure my iPod Touch and Gmail's imap. It would not sync read/unread items correctly at all. So my Mail app on my mac, gmail on the web, and my iPod Touch would all have varying states of my gmail mailbox.
    Ugh such a nightmare...

Android on the other hand has been pretty much great. I've pretty much ditched Mail, my iPod Touch and now just use everything via browser and my phone. I had a few sync issues but they disappeared pretty quickly. I'm using the stock email app btw since I have a droid. The incredible uses HTC's Sense UI so I think it might be different.
  15. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

What I cannot get is whether k-9 syncs in the background or not. Although I think I disabled it but not sure. The menus are not too self explanatory.
  16. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

there are 2 apps. gmail app and droid native app (will call it general app).
    1. Go into general app the email is not refreshed automatically although in the menu there is such an option and it is checked.
    2. In general app when I go into it and I need more emails then it already downloaded then there is no way to get them.
    3. In gmail app problem 1 exists too.
    4. In gmail app when I read unread email I have to manually refresh for this to be marked as read on the server! - REDICULAS
  17. chrisxgordon

chrisxgordon New Member

Qwerty,

I'm not sure exactly what to tell you. I haven't heard of this issue before, but I would imagine it has something to do with either your phone or email settings. If you havenn't already, you may want to double check all of your settings, just to make sure that they are all setup properly. I wish that I could offer you a more specific solution, but 'gonnadie4thegov' is right, this sounds like a isolated incident with your particular phone. If no one else can offer any advice, I would contact Verizon about the issue and if nothing else, you may be able to receive a replacement phone. Sorry, I couldn't be of more assistance, but good luck with this issue.

- Chris
  18. ExactDroid

ExactDroid New Member

The general app as you call it, which is called "Mail" only refreshes instantly if using an exchange account.. otherwise it will refresh every 5, 10, 15, or 30 minutes based on what you set it too.... POP3 doesn't allow for marking as read on the server either, you must use imap.

As for your other issues, it's either the phone or your settings, my guess is it's your settings. Go through them again and maybe remove the accounts and start fresh.
  19. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I agree, this stuff can be confusing. K9 does sync in the background. If you're connecting to a pop account, you need to set a polling frequency. If using imap, polling is not necessary. You can use k9 to check gmail. Go to gmail.com settings and turn on imap access. I believe there are instructions there for setting up your email client.

In your phone settings > account & sync > turn on autosync. You might as well turn on background data too.

I'm not sure what the htc Mail app is like, but if it's anything like "Email" on the droid, steer clear and use k9. The "Gmail" app on the droid is good.
  20. mrmomoman

mrmomoman New Member

qwerty53 - you are a little confusing in a few ways.

1) You say that you only use GMAIL accounts yet you are talking about Droid Mail App? Just use the GMAIL APP
    2) As some people mentioned already are you using Exchange? Did you set up Google Email Account like an Exchange account as some have one on the IPHONES?
    3) Your PC email client is what? How did you set it up? POP3, IMAP, Exchange for Google?

I have all 3 types of email on my phone. With Exchange I delete it on my phone and I can watch my email delete from my PC within seconds. With GMAIL if I delete from my Droid Incredible then I have to refresh my GMAIL account in Outlook 2010 to see the changes.

Since I cannot setup my 2 Exchange accounts on the phone( wish I could) I cannot test the GMAIL Exchange Setup on the phone. I guess I could but its not worth it for me.

For the most part I send all my non work emails to the GMAIL account through POP and use GMAIL as a my main non work related email repository.

I would delete your accounts and try them again. If you are on IMAP it should not be an issue to remove and reconfigure your GMAIL account.
Search tags for this page
andriod mail app sucks
android default email client sucks

android email app sucks

apple incredible email
droiod email sucks on exchange
drooud mail client sucks
incredible mail