Android Head Units?

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there had any good recommendations for an Android compatible head units. Ive been looking at the Pioneer App Radio 2 for some time, but it doesnt seem to be geared towards much Android. More of an "this is for iphones! and i guess android can play too, but they need to pay more and not have as much fun" type of thing. Ive searched around a bit and havent found a whole lot out there, at least geared towards Android. The couple I have found are off-sounding brands, and theyre all either froyo or gingerbread. I have a Pioneer AVIC-Z2 right now, and enjoy it quite a bit, but being a tech-geek, I'm always looking for something new! I was pretty much sold on the App Radio 2, but the extra $100 for the Android cable and the fact that I cant play cds or dvds directly are having me look other directions. Well, let me know of any other options or ideas that I may have overlooked, and thanks in advance!

vatothe0

Reaction score
There is a guy on kickstarter putting one together. Started out just for iphone but has android now i'm pretty sure.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1lowranger

Reaction score
Alpine has nice new options with full Pandora control and USB and Bluetooth connections looking at these for a few of my rides

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Big Ry

Reaction score
as soon as I get some cash, I'm getting the 80prs by pioneer. Audiophile grade at low budget. I can stream music via BT on my current 9800BT and that's plenty good for Pandora or whatever (I can skip tracks using the deck controls). But the 80prs can use SD, iPod, USB (including some hard drives!!!), and of course BT. Everything but the BT utilizes the decks 3 24-bit digital to analog converters for maximum SQ. And if you're rocking a fat HDD/SSD, you can load it up with WAV instead of mp3 for lossless...or use the "other" method (apple lossless via limited capacity I pods).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2