Android has Expired warning

Bubbaloo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Hi. Tonight I was on Facebook looking at stuff and browsing through it's everyday normal stories. Suddenly this big starts freaking out on my phone. Took up the whole page. It said "Android has Expired." That warning came with a "Install Now". I panicked and installed 360 Security antivirus. This app has made my phone wonky and heats it up to all heck so I deleted it-yesterday. I have deleted this app again since. I'm not on Facebook,currently on here looking for advice. No screen shot because my mistake of panicking and not reading the whole warning has left me curious,confused and feeling very brain-dead for not reading it all. I have McAfee for security so I'm going to run a full scan but what is this all about? I know it's not my service because my bill is paid. Please help, I'd be very grateful.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is almost the same as a virus but more likely some app that is causing that warning (for the sole purpose of getting you to install things on your phone). Uninstall any apps you recently downloaded. Clear your cache partition and run your phone in safe mode to see if problem still occurs.

If you need help on how to clear your cache partition and go into safe mode, let us know the phone you have and we can help with specific instructions.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bubbaloo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Where exactly is safe mode again? Relatively new to this phone.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
What kind of phone do you have? To get into safe mode you have to do a combination of buttons and that combination is different from phone to phone.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bubbaloo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I have an LG G3.A few months old. Was using a galaxy note 2 so they're pretty different.

XavierBlack

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy §² Hercules
If you look at YouTube input your exactly make and model phone..you can learn how to place your phone in safe mode..