Android grabs 85% of the Smartphone market

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Market Share.jpg
Strategy Analytics has released their 2nd quarter estimate for global smartphone market share. With nearly 300,000,000 smartphones shipped that quarter, Android has strengthened its grip with an impressive 85% share of the market. This is an increase of almost 5%.
Everybody else lost market share. Apple lost almost 2% to drop to just under 12%. The big loser was Blackberry, looking to be almost entirely eliminated from the market by dropping to just .6%. Even so, Blackberry still managed to ship nearly 2 million devices. Microsoft even lost a sliver of the market (1.1%) dropping to a total of 2.7%.
Global smartphone vendor shipment numbers were also released. The top 5 have shifted a little as LG has fallen to 6th place, even while shipping more devices then the previous quarter. The reason? Xiaomi nearly tripled shipments to to 14.5 million, taking the 5th spot away from LG.

Source: http://thenextweb.com/google/2014/0...rd-85-smartphone-market-share-q2-2014-report/

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While I still like Android more than iOS, this argument is really moot. iOS has, and will always be, on a single device, whereas Android has covered most every other device available.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ummmm, rumor is that iPhone will offer at least two different form factors in the next release.......

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ummmm, rumor is that iPhone will offer at least two different form factors in the next release.......
If that's true, they're market percentage will increase.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
There have been leaks showing screen sizes. 4.7 and 5.5. I would expect the 4.7 next month and the 5.5 shortly after.
Analysts predict Apple's market share will increase by 30-35% with the larger screen devices.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Thought I read somewhere the 5.5" device would be delayed until December or possibly even next year. That won't help Apple's market share especially if the Note 4 is a huge success.

tap'n on my S5

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
While I still like Android more than iOS, this argument is really moot. iOS has, and will always be, on a single device, whereas Android has covered most every other device available.

Argument? There's no argument here, just cold hard numbers.
OS Market share, and Manufacturer shipments.