Android Goes To War

lurker_hlb3

Reaction score
July 29, 2010: To no one's surprise, an American defense manufacturer has developed a battlefield smart phone. In the works for two years, the RATS (Raytheon Android Tactical System) is a modification of the Android software used on millions of smart phones. Android actually outsells iPhones, and the RATS phone will be able to use existing Android apps, as well as special military apps. Some of these will only work on RATS, which handles encryption and military type communications. Currently, RATS is running on several Motorola and HTC type smart phones. Raytheon began working on RATS as soon as Google released Android.

Information Warfare: Android Goes To War

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hate to say this but I didn't even see the name of this web site. What kind of credibility does it have?

I would like to see it reported by someone with some credibility. You can find anything on the web if you look long enough.

OP
L

lurker_hlb3

Reaction score
Hate to say this but I didn't even see the name of this web site. What kind of credibility does it have?

I would like to see it reported by someone with some credibility. You can find anything on the web if you look long enough.

Strategypage.com is one of the leading military related websites on the Internet. Their people are top notch and their information is reliable.

As retire military ( 23 years US Navy ) , I known that their info is "not" BS

Also you "may" want to read the info in the following link

Amazon.com: StrategyPage.com: Website Details

Also this is off the Raytheon Company website

http://www.raytheon.com/newsroom/technology/rtn09_rats/index.html

and this is from the Forbes website

http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/19/android-google-military-technology-wireless-raytheon.html

Last edited: