Android finally has a great shopping app like HANDY SHOPPER

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I feel like all i do is shop- parent of a toddler.
There are a million shopping apps in the market but most are a mess.

problems-
if you can easily make your list, it's difficult to make alterations in the store or some don't allow you to add prices- to tally your balance as you shop.
some of the ones that do a good job of listing and tallying- do a horrible job of starting over after the trip is over.

Since i've gotten this smartphone i've been looking for an app like HANDY SHOPPER from my palm pda days. Well i finally found a good one.

TOMARKET

ToMarket Grocery Shopping List - Android app on AppBrain

BTW- free version allows 50 items. Paid version $4 is unlimited: i paid because i have a very large list 180 items.

Last edited:

techguru

Reaction score
Thanks! I had settled on Ourgroceries, which is a pretty good Handyshopper replacement. Missing a lot of Handyshopper features, but at least it is easy to add, mark as purchased, and re-use list items. But I'll have to give this one a try.

Alan

lmdodds

Reaction score
im on froyo 2.2 and the app just freezes and soon as i open it up. shame it looks like a great app.

i have no problem paying for the full version as soon as im sure it works with froyo 2.2

RayDar

Reaction score
rShopping List

I used HandyShopper on the Palm for a very long time and missed it when I switched to Android. That's why I made rShopping List.

The reviews of my app are constantly comparing it favorably to Handy Shopper. You might give it a try.

rShopping List

bradlustig

Reaction score
I used HandyShopper on the Palm for a very long time and missed it when I switched to Android. That's why I made rShopping List.

The reviews of my app are constantly comparing it favorably to Handy Shopper. You might give it a try.

rShopping List

Just downloaded the app to my xoom to see if it had the ONE thing that made handy shopper great that no other app has duplicated. The ability to have an item in more than one store! Thank you for adding that in! Seems like such a simple thing but i havent found any other app that has this. I'm getting ready to download it now to my phone. Looks to be a well thought out app

Odhin

Reaction score
Just downloaded the app to my xoom to see if it had the ONE thing that made handy shopper great that no other app has duplicated. The ability to have an item in more than one store! Thank you for adding that in! Seems like such a simple thing but i havent found any other app that has this. I'm getting ready to download it now to my phone. Looks to be a well thought out app

Not sure if you've gotten the new 1.9.5 version for rShopping List but if you haven't, you should. I've been using rShopping for some time and it's definitely the best Handy Shopper replacement and/or first-time shopping list app.

bradlustig

Reaction score
This is the only shopping app that actually weaned me off all other shopping apps. After the latest update it's even better. Only tweak I would suggest is if an item already exists in my list I don't want to be able to add another one into the list. For example, say I want bread but its in my list already. Instead of searching through for bread if I type it in and add it would pull up the existing bread and add it. GroceryIQ would block you from adding a duplicate so I would have to search through my list. Only other little thing but definitely not necessary would build some standard items into the program.

srvctec

Reaction score
Funny how this entire thread started specifically about ToMarket and then got hijacked discussing an entirely different app.

Getting this thread back on track- I've used ToMarket for nearly a year now and couldn't be happier with it. I used Handy Shopper for about four years on my Windows Mobile 5 PDA prior to getting my Android phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

bradlustig

Reaction score
Funny how this entire thread started specifically about ToMarket and then got hijacked discussing an entirely different app.

Getting this thread back on track- I've used ToMarket for nearly a year now and couldn't be happier with it. I used Handy Shopper for about four years on my Windows Mobile 5 PDA prior to getting my Android phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 using Tapatalk 2.

I sure didn't mean to hijack. Somehow I skipped over the op's app. I just downloaded it and really like it. I may like it more than the rshopping list. Both have the same features that are missing in the other shopping apps. The ui seems like it may be cleaner.