Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Android Coming To Eye Doctors Via MIT Technology

ico-time.png
02. Jul, 2010 written by Nick Gray | AndroidAndMe.com
ico-comment.png

While the Android OS is being used by developers to deliver information and entertainment, the guys over at MIT are using the open platform to help bring the world into focus.

Some of you might recall MIT’s Bokodes technology which they hope will replace all of today’s various barcodes. Well, it turns out that the 3D/holographic nature of Bokodes technology can also be used to measure variations in eye sight. With the help of a $2 optical box and an application that runs on Android, MIT’s NETRA system is able to measure one’s prescription very similarly to a Shack-Hartman sensor (minus all the lasers and the huge price tag).

Read the entire article here: MIT?s NETRA system brings Android to the optometrist – Android and Me

[video=youtube;gR6wMlnmc68]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR6wMlnmc68&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - NETRA: Cellphone-based Optometry Solution using Inverse Shack Hartmann Technique, from MIT Media Lab[/video]

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
saw this earlier. you'll be able to figure out your own prescriptions. pretty cool :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Now this is very cool.....not a good thing for Optometrist's though : )

azules9780

Reaction score
This ties in with something I posted before on the Army looking to use Droids and android platform phones to enhance the soldier and better link the battlefield. The point is, we are just at the tip of the iceberg of what android can do. Unbelievable isn't it. I for one will be buying stock in a few new things in the near future.